Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > General Kaleidescape Usage Threads > Feature & Enhancement Requests

Old Jul 3rd, 2018

Lightbulb How about ratings/reviews on store titles from Kaleidescape owners?

I wish the store had the ability to show what other Kaleidescape owners thought of a particular title? Is there any thought to adding this, even if just via the web interface for now for inputting review/ratings?

While we may not need more ratings data for big movies, it would really help on more obscure titles, and, for me, for concert videos. I'd love to hear from other owners, for instance, if I should buy the Springsteen in Barcelona title or Springsteen in Dublin? There really aren't rotten tomatoes data for these types of discs/downloads.

--josh

Old Jul 6th, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh View Post
I wish the store had the ability to show what other Kaleidescape owners thought of a particular title? Is there any thought to adding this, even if just via the web interface for now for inputting review/ratings?

While we may not need more ratings data for big movies, it would really help on more obscure titles, and, for me, for concert videos. I'd love to hear from other owners, for instance, if I should buy the Springsteen in Barcelona title or Springsteen in Dublin? There really aren't rotten tomatoes data for these types of discs/downloads.

--josh
Josh, I get the feeling that the new iPhone app that K is working on will allow Kaleidescape owners to rate titles. Just a guess...

On Springsteen, my favorite title in the store is “London Calling -Live in Hyde Park. This is mainly to due to having “Glory Days” and a rousing rendition of “Good Lovin’”.

I have all three and “Live in Barcelona is very good too - just as good audio but slightly worse video. “Live in Dublin” is a little different in that it caters to the crowd with a lot of Irish songs so not your typical Springsteen concert.

John
Old Jul 10th, 2018

Great, thanks for the advice on Springsteen concerts.
I hope you're right on the new app feature.
-josh