Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > Movies & Music Discussions > Import Errors & Issues

Old Jun 1st, 2018

Default La La Land (DVD)

I had imported the Blu-ray version of this title but it did not have the 'Play Movie' option, only 'Play Disc'. I moved the BD import to the trash and then decided to try the DVD that was included along with the Blu-ray.

After identifying the disc, the vault says the disc must be ejected and the import log says 'DVD cannot be imported'. I hear this might be related to the prevention of importing rental DVDs (aka Redbox). Very frustrating, please help!
Old Jun 4th, 2018

Is your system grandfathered to allow for DVD imports?
Old Jun 7th, 2018

Yes and I have imported 160 previously without issue. This is the first one that has not worked.
Old Jun 8th, 2018

If the import was rejected due to the disc being flagged as a rental, it will show on the Import page of the browser interface with a status of "Cannot import rental disc". Beneath that status will be a link that reads, "This disc was rightfully purchased." Clicking that link will take you to a page where you can assert ownership of the disc and then the import should be allowed. Your system will need to be connected to the internet in order for this to work.

However, it's more likely that the disc won't import due to a copy protection scheme that is used on some discs. If that is the case, the disc would need to be processed by Kaleidescape which would require sending it in. Kaleidescape Support would be able to provide more information.
Old Jul 20th, 2018

The La La Land DVD importing problem is a known engineering issue. No resolution date at this time.

Last edited by josh; Aug 4th, 2018 at 09:08 AM.