Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > General News & Misc. Items

Old 1 Week Ago

Default iPhone App - BETA

Just got my download of the iPhone App. Initial impressions are that it's very slick.

Decided to try it out and purchased "Solo - A Star Wars Story" - too easy this app could cost me a small fortune - purely on convenience. With the PC and/or iPad I had to get up and get those which at times had the effect of delaying purchases, my phone is by my side all the time, so no excuses

Derek
Old 1 Week Ago

One thing I did not expect is that the Beta kOS upgrade to allow the iPhone app also enables playing of store trailers from your Strato. This is a really nice addition!

I was hoping that the app would allow K owners to to rate movies as I trust this subset of movie watchers to highlight movies with great video and audio. But I donít see any way to do this.

John
Old 1 Week Ago

Beta user here - fantastic App - way to go K...
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJ View Post
I was hoping that the app would allow K owners to to rate movies as I trust this subset of movie watchers to highlight movies with great video and audio. But I donít see any way to do this.
John
Yep... I've asked for the same thing. And you're right, the new app makes it even more desirable that we have ability to put ratings/reviews. I hope they listen...

Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh View Post
Yep... I've asked for the same thing. And you're right, the new app makes it even more desirable that we have ability to put ratings/reviews. I hope they listen...
Right on- I love lists and ratings!

Iím using the in App reporting tool for my ďperceived glitches.Ē How are you all reporting?
Old 1 Week Ago

Does anyone know if the beta app will run on an iPad vs. the iPhone?
Old 1 Week Ago

I have it running on one of my iPads. It seems to work well, but the graphics are not as good as a native iPad app, as I would expect. I have not tested all of it yet, but overall I am very pleased.

Wayne
Old 1 Week Ago

Not sure if the iPhone Beta app has search of my library capabilities - like we have in the iPad App.
In the iPad app you can type the name of a movie in the search box and if the movie is in your library it shows up and you can click to play.
That is a feature I love in the iPad App..

Last edited by todo; 1 Week Ago at 05:52 PM.
Old 1 Week Ago

Ok- I brought this up at CEDIA and after messing around with it I still stand by this request- there must be a button to hit and seitch to at cross-click style control rather than swiping to navigate the titles.
Old 1 Week Ago
Kaleidescape, Inc.

Hi everybody, thanks for the feedback.

Let me address a couple of questions:

-> iPad: yes, the app will run on an iPad, but it's designed for an iPhone so it runs in the iPad's compatibility mode that basically just blows up the interface to the iPad screen.

-> Local library browsing: the app is designed to browse the movie store, and to give you the ability to navigate the onscreen display using the remote feature. It's not intended to be a "second screen," at least at this time. The existing iPad app is still available and can be used for this functionality. I'm interested to hear people's use cases for the "second screen" functionality in the phone.

-> Alternate remote control navigation: if what you're looking for is a "D-pad" style of navigation (up/down/right/left/select), you can actually accomplish this with the touch pad. If you tap near the edges of the touch pad, those taps are treated in the same way as arrow taps would be on a D-pad, and obviously tapping towards the center is treated as select.