Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > General Kaleidescape Usage Threads > Scripting & Favorite Scenes

Old Mar 6th, 2018

Default How to really mine the library for immersive scenes....

As i have said before Neural-X on some mixes id extremely compelling nearly approaching ATMOS. Some movies shown in atmos at the theater but released on legacy lossless, but also older pre atmos surround mixes are really enveloping on the widths and tops, I have set up a very aggressive IMMERSIVE rig here to assess which titles are Neural-X plums.

With over 700 titles, i found this is the best way to catalogue the immersive titles.
Old Mar 6th, 2018

Nice work. So we must create collections and manually add. What does plumbs mean?
Old Mar 6th, 2018

Plums are legacy codec soundtracks that upmix with Neural-X with nearly complete bubble engulfment from the overhead speakers like a good atmos track does. They can be recent films but i have found movies from the 60's that include the effect, perhaps the 50's too, still going through a huge library.
Old Mar 6th, 2018

Ah! I get it now. thanks
Old Apr 10th, 2018

An olive branch extended in the downloads area - Galileo

Last edited by CINERAMAX IOPH; Apr 10th, 2018 at 09:35 PM.
Old Apr 11th, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX IOPH View Post
This is really great. I have downloaded the file with “marked” scenes and the two script files. Really like the new scenes you marked - especially in some of the new Paramount titles that K hasn’t marked anything yet. Also the two scripts are very good - especially the “HDR Atmos Scpoe Script”. I admit that you sucked me in to purchasing “Across the Universe” title so I could play your “Beatles Atmos Song”. It is a different type of movie but I liked it and it had terrific Video and very good Atmos soundtrack.

For those whom have not downloaded scripts or scenes before here is a brief description of how to do it.

1) Download all three files to a PC.
2) Go to the Strato web browser, pick the “Movies” tab, pick the “Scenes” collection, go to the very bottom pick “Import Scenes from a File”. Choose file and go to the correct directory on your PC to find the file: “CINERAMAX MARKED” and import.
Note: You want to import this file first or you will be missing some scenes when you import the HDR Atmos script.
3) Go to the Script page. At the bottom there is an “Import Scripts from a File” bottom. Choose this and import the script files the same way as you did scenes.

I strongly urge people to check thes out. This is one of the benefits of Kaleidescape! And these scenes and scripts are very nicely done!

Thanks CINERAMAX! I really appreciate this!

John
Old Apr 11th, 2018

I'm glad you liked it John, welcome to the 10% of My Parallel Immersive universe. Want to improve the ride? Play it in Neural-X ( salt machine gun window and Kong) i accidentally played the script in neural x and think i like it better. Its long though. but before you try it please note that Peter Rabbit has been released don't renegue your duties.

Someone feel free to post link on my strato 4500 thread at avsforum for my friends.
Old Apr 11th, 2018

The scripts is really what elevates home cinema out of the hole in the ground, the neural-x bubble sculpted right, i think i might convince kaleidescape dealers to force them to buy the titles on the playlist and compare them to their tiny sounding apple tv's, @slaying, and when they object to the lossless codec play them this script in a neural bubble.

That is my motivation for sharing, think outside the box, the strato is an indispensable source device way better than the oppo and the panasonic, believe me i have a/b'd many of these scenes. Kelidescape dealers have to be less reactive and more proactive be your clients advocate sell them on demonstrating scripts for their visiting friends there is so much unresearched science, we are all wired for scene scripts which are the good side of habituation how our brain is wired, it is the darkside of habituation that creates a pseudo add effect that desensitizes the senses, even on atmos return of the jedi, the brain auditory scene analysis shuts down during a long movies, by cleaning the palate everytime the scene changes you brain instantly refreshes to absorb new information. It's all about maximum absorption of information, if the scene was only of was battles, desensitization occurs, too much subwoofer also desensitises, speakers with deep waterfall plots are also fatiguing, shutting down or maximum scene analysis throughput. Here endeth the first lesson, for you homework scene analyse it again but this time in Neural-X, please report.

Confront the myths that prevent kaleidescape to gain it's rightful place as a key component of the highest possible form of art known to man. Tear down the fashion labels, we don't need no stinkin Dolby Vision, Neural-X is more engulfing the atmos even on atmos movies, watch the pixels directly instead of , I won't go there word.
Old Apr 11th, 2018

I will try again with Neural:X when I get a chance. It hadn’t occurred to me to try a Atmos soundtrack with Neural:X processing.

John
Old Apr 11th, 2018

me neither i just did by accident. LOL, kong and salt for sure much better but maybe all of them sound better "bubbled"