Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > General Kaleidescape Usage Threads > Feature & Enhancement Requests

Old Feb 23rd, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0OBillO0o View Post
I really empathize here. I want a UHD Disc Vault. Or even use the current DV700 to verify the Blu-ray Disc that came with the UHD Disc, for credit towards a UHD movie store version.

However, I understand the path forward. Digital.

Be going “not physical” this reduces the risk of potential sources for theives.

Kaleidescape played inside the rules and honored the requirements of many studios. Good on them.
I need to bow out here. I have sold my Alto and DV700, purchased 32TB of NAS and am in the process of ripping my movies, 4K included. Is it Kaleidescape? NO. BUT, I will have access to all of the movies released with the latest audio, on time, including all 4K. Functional, reasonably nice interface, I only rip the stuff I want to see on each movie (soundtrack, extras ,etc), and it looks and sounds great. BUT, I am spending untold hours doing the ripping, etc and that is not the typical K client. Once I get all of the ripping done, it will be pretty much a piece of cake.

I really do hope that K will be able to quickly address the outstanding (at least in my mind) roadblocks to the perfect high end video product.
Old Feb 23rd, 2018

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy123 View Post
I need to bow out here. I have sold my Alto and DV700, purchased 32TB of NAS and am in the process of ripping my movies, 4K included. Is it Kaleidescape? NO. BUT, I will have access to all of the movies released with the latest audio, on time, including all 4K. Functional, reasonably nice interface, I only rip the stuff I want to see on each movie (soundtrack, extras ,etc), and it looks and sounds great. BUT, I am spending untold hours doing the ripping, etc and that is not the typical K client. Once I get all of the ripping done, it will be pretty much a piece of cake.

I really do hope that K will be able to quickly address the outstanding (at least in my mind) roadblocks to the perfect high end video product.
Awe. Well, I cope with the Movies on a shelf. I have ripped thousands of Movies and Albums so I don’t envy your plight. Thanks for closing out and I hope you come back.
Old Mar 17th, 2018

I have the best of all worlds- 4K strato with a costar Switch hooked up to a grandfathered DVD-and-Disney-ripping system. Next purchase will be a Terra server that will hold all downloads going forward. As far as I am concerned it will be nice when K adds 4 K Disney titles. At that point I’ll rebuy any Disney titles I already have in Hd (I’m not the only one Disney!) and then- I guess James Bond? BBC nature programs in 4 K? After the integration there isn’t too much I can complain about as I know K is working on more 4 K titles....
Old Mar 17th, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy123 View Post

Are you able to rip the 4K version of Last Jedi?
Old Mar 17th, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by iansilv View Post
It can be done. When “The Last Jedi” UHD disc is released on 27 March, I do not doubt that someone will subvert the copy protection, break the terms of service, or “borrow” a “friend’s copy. I am holding out for a Kstore digital offer for the 4K version.

Also another “best of both worlds” is the DV700 + Alto + CoStar + Strato— gets you a HD Disney Titles (you own) and other movies not yet sold on the K Store too.
Old Mar 17th, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0OBillO0o View Post
It can be done. When “The Last Jedi” UHD disc is released on 27 March, I do not doubt that someone will subvert the copy protection, break the terms of service, or “borrow” a “friend’s copy. I am holding out for a Kstore digital offer for the 4K version.

Also another “best of both worlds” is the DV700 + Alto + CoStar + Strato— gets you a HD Disney Titles (you own) and other movies not yet sold on the K Store too.
How long does it take for a disk to load and play from the changer?
Old Mar 20th, 2018

Quote:
Most 4K titles are now capable of being ripped.
Old Mar 20th, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelman1991 View Post
Most 4K titles are now capable of being ripped.
Not to go all lawyer on you but...

Are you able to rip the 4K version of the Last Jedi?

😀
Old Mar 20th, 2018

Quote:
Not to go all lawyer on you but...

Are you able to rip the 4K version of the Last Jedi?

��
Some people have.