Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > General Kaleidescape Usage Threads > Scripting & Favorite Scenes

Old Jun 4th, 2018

Question How do you maintain favorite scenes when upgrading to UHD versions?

Hi,

I recently upgraded Braveheart from HD to UHD and my favorite scenes are no longer present or did not port over in the UHD version.

I understand that these are technically different files, is there anyway to associate script start stop points from one film onto another, assuming same runtime and film title?

Thank you for your help,
Bill

Last edited by o0OBillO0o; Jun 4th, 2018 at 10:25 AM.
Old Jun 4th, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0OBillO0o View Post
Hi,

I recently upgraded Braveheart from HD to UHD and my favorite scenes are no longer present or did not port over in the UHD version.

I understand that these are technically different files, is anyway to associate script start stop points from one film onto another, assuming same runtime and film title?

Thank you for your help,
Bill
No, there is not. You have to manually mark the scenes in the new movie version. This is what I am doing in Paramount titles that I have had with BR scenes marked. Unfortunately, I didnít have Braveheart on BR so I am not updating sciences for that movie.

I am getting closer to adding marked scenes for my first batch of movies (both HD and UHD). I am hoping to have this sometime this week.

John
Old Jun 4th, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJ View Post
No, there is not. You have to manually mark the scenes in the new movie version. This is what I am doing in Paramount titles that I have had with BR scenes marked. Unfortunately, I didn’t have Braveheart on BR so I am not updating sciences for that movie.

I am getting closer to adding marked scenes for my first batch of movies (both HD and UHD). I am hoping to have this sometime this week.

John
Okay. That's a couple of hours of my hobby time that I won't get back.

I don't know the gory details, but I suggest a feature add.

Copy scene marking and paste on film.

Where the movie title and run-time are ignored, and the absolute time from "0s from start" is the "begin time" of the scene and the "end time" is "0s is the start" of the scene. Then is stored as users inputed text with the associated start and stop times.

Is there a "Kaleidescape guide for advanced users" that might identify this syntax that is compatible with K-- where we might share our scenes etc..?

Tags
scenes, uhd