Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > Hardware & Setup Threads > Kaleidescape Hardware & Setup

Old May 14th, 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanman View Post
The M500 will not be able to play music from the server if the server is part of a CoStar union. I recently checked in this for myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Please check again. The server is not part of anything, the players are. Connect the standalone M500 at a different HDMI or digital input of the amp or processor or TV and use it as a different source, it will access only the 3U server content and it can play the imported CDs.
Old May 14th, 2019

I will try this! I hope I just misunderstood the response I was given. Thanks!

Old May 14th, 2019

It works for me as I had to do exactly the same when I added a Strato into my Cinema room.
Old May 14th, 2019

I have an M300 paired with a Strato and a M700 that I use for music and to play scripts from content on my 3U. It works.

John
Old May 17th, 2019
Kaleidescape, Inc.

Sorry to be late seeing this thread. Hopefully the good advice already posted by others has already helped you get everything set up. Let me just expand a bit in case others come across this thread in the future.

In the Premiere system that you have described, you have two components that are capable of movie playback. Those are the M500 and the M700. (For those who are perhaps not familiar, an M700 is a disc vault with an integrated M-class player). In some installations, people have an M700, but they are not actually using the player capability. They're just using it to manage their optical discs. In other installations, they may be using the M700's integral player for one of their viewing zones.

So, how you proceed will depend on how your system is set up. The easiest thing to do is to look at the back of your M500 and your M700. Which ones have HDMI cables connected? Is it just the M500? Or does the M700 have one as well?

If you are only using one of the two M-class components as a player, that's the one you'll pair with the Strato using the Co-Star switch. If you are using both M-class players, you need to decide which of those two will be paired with the Strato. Your other player will remain un-paired, and you can continue to use it to play movies and music stored on the Premiere system.

As much as it generally pains me to watch myself on video, you may find this demo we put together prior to the Co-Star release helpful. A few small details have changed, but generally it's still accurate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPi66M_OfEA
Old May 17th, 2019
Kaleidescape, Inc.

One final tidbit.

In my own installation at home, I was actually using an M700 only for disc management. Video for my theater was provided by an M500. When I brought home a Strato and paired the M500 and the Strato using Co-Star, I lost the ability to play music stored on the Premeire system in my theater.

Since I had the M700 with its unused player zone, I went ahead and hooked up the M700 as an additional source in the theater, and now I can use it for music playback when I want to do so.
Old May 18th, 2019

Thank you Mike for the extensive explanation!

Old May 21st, 2019

Back again! I’m attempting to pair, all the components are listed (3U, M500, M700, DV700) but it keeps saying the two systems are not registered to the same contact.

How do I check/correct this before proceeding?

Incidentally, the M700 is going to the Co-Star, the M500 straight to my AV processor. It doesn’t really get used much these days.

Oh, and there’s no music on the system either. I have a separate QNAP server for that.
Old May 21st, 2019
Kaleidescape, Inc.

Have you ever used the Movie Store with your Premiere system?
Old May 21st, 2019
Kaleidescape, Inc.

Regarding the M700 vs M500, that's fine. Just be aware that when you select the M500 source on your AV processor, you will only see movies stored on the Premiere server. You won't see anything stored on the Strato. When you select the Co-Star source, you will see all movies from both systems.