Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > General Kaleidescape Usage Threads > Scripting & Favorite Scenes

Old Jan 24th, 2007

I find it useful to use a laptop when I am doing my scene markings. I use the java remote interface for the particular player- you can bring this up by going to the user page. Then I open up a second web window with the user page again and I go to movies and the favorite scenes index. I use the web interface because it has the favorite scene begin and end buttons right there. When I have the scene marked, I go to the window with the favorite scene list and I get the web browser to update the window. The favorite scene will now be there under the movie as "Favorite Scene" and now I rename it. This way I can do it "on the fly".

Btw- nice pic. I am not in either yours or Reg's league, but I am locked in to Nikon as I have a bunch of their lenses.
Old Aug 11th, 2009

I saved a few .dat script files to my desktop but when I try to import through the web utility I get, "This file does not seem to be a Script that was exported from a Kaleidescape System". Guessing that since I'm new to the system this probably has an obvious solution (hoping, anyway).

Any guidance would be appreciated.
Old Aug 12th, 2009

Hmmm... I don't think you're the first to have that problem but thought it had been fixed with an update from Kaleidescape. Can you try to re-export the scenes into a fresh file and try again? Is it possible you hadn't checked (little check boxes) any seens during the export process?

Old Aug 12th, 2009

Thanks Josh. They were actually .dat files I downloaded from the forum, not ones I created myself. I saved them to my desktop and tried to import them through the web utility. That's when it gave me the error message.
Old Aug 12th, 2009

ah, sorry. misunderstood. You should send them to "support@kaleidescape.com" and ask them why they're not importing.

I assume you're certain you have at least one of the movies that are contained in the scene files?

Old Aug 12th, 2009

I'll mention it to my dealer and see what they think. While I'm not 100% sure I have at least one of the movies in the script file I downloaded, I have over 300 on my system, all of which are pretty mainstream. So I think its a pretty safe bet. I will post when I resolve the problem. Thanks for the replies.
Old Aug 12th, 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBITDA View Post
I'll mention it to my dealer and see what they think. While I'm not 100% sure I have at least one of the movies in the script file I downloaded, I have over 300 on my system, all of which are pretty mainstream. So I think its a pretty safe bet. I will post when I resolve the problem. Thanks for the replies.
EBITDA,
I seem to remember having this problem when importing *.dat files on my Mac. Some of the header information was being truncated. K support fixed the problem in one of their updates. I would give them a call. Good luck
Old Aug 12th, 2009

Ditto what Regwood said - I had problems when I would try to download on my Mac - but I thought that is had been fixed as well. I know that as of a couple months ago, that I could indeed download on my Mac now.
Old Sep 8th, 2009

As I suspected, my issue with importing the favorite scene files was "user related" rather than K-scape related. I was confusing scene files with scripts and attempting to import the .dat scene files through the Scripts tab in the web utility rather than through the Favorite Scenes section of the Movies tab. Sad part is that I actually READ Josh's tutorial on exporting and importing favorite scenes. Obviously I didn't read it closely enough. After realizing the error of my ways, I was able to successfully import some scene files. I even pulled a bunch of 2.35 scenes together into a script! Look out!