Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > Hardware & Setup Threads > Remotes, Automation, and Control Systems

Old Jun 4th, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zok View Post
Josh -- this is fixed in v2.1, available in the App Store now. We added support for iOS 4 multitasking, as you suggested above.
Awesome! This will make a HUGE difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zok View Post
We read your detailed forum thread about this feature, and thought it was great. We've added buttons on the movie details views in v2.1 to look up the movie on IMDb, Rotten Tomatoes, or Common Sense Media. I hope you enjoy it!
Oh man... I'm INCREDIBLY excited to go try this tonight. This will be huge... I can't believe you've got ALL these external services linked. Can't wait to try it! Will report back... but your responsiveness to suggestions is incredible!

--josh

Old Jun 5th, 2011

I purchased it and it is awesome. You can take your I-pad outside on the patio and control all your music you play on your patio speakers. The cover art looks amazing just like on your TV or Movie Screen. If you are considering it you won't be disappointed.
Old Jul 18th, 2011

REMOTESCAPE v2.2 update has just been posted in the iTunes App Store. It now supports custom buttons to control other components, fantastic!!
Old Aug 2nd, 2011

...I've had a chance to play with the new Custom Buttons feature in Remotescape and it's brilliant. I had a few hiccups with the interface to my home automation system (not Remotescape related), but now I've sorted out those issues I can control my home theater and virtually my whole house from within Remotescape. Curtains, blinds, shutters, lighting, projection screen, all the IR and RS232 components in my theater, and of course the Kaleidescape system. Remotescape with Volume control and Customs buttons has for me almost reached "Holy Grail" status of remote control solutions on iPad.
Thanks Dan and Remotescape, keep up the good work!
(Portrait mode and bigger button icons would be my next feature request...)
Old Aug 23rd, 2011

Remotescape v2.2.1 update is now available on the iTunes store...the release notes say "more robust synchronization with Kaleidescape music and movie library".
Old Nov 8th, 2011

Remotescape v2.2.5 update is now available in the App store.
Old Nov 25th, 2011

I assume you need to be locally connected to your system for this application to work? I wish there was a way to do this remotely. So, if I'm in the store about to make a purchase, I could browse my collection to see if I already own the content I'm about to buy. I know the iPhone app does this, but it would be great to 1) have that functionality for CDs as well and 2) be able to actually browse the collection and use the metadata to suggest other opportunities. Click on Captain America. Hugo Weaving is an actor in the film, here are other films he's starred in that you don't already own...
Old Nov 25th, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
I assume you need to be locally connected to your system for this application to work?...
Correct. Remotescape is an App to control a Kaleidescape system and is fundamentally different to the function of the Kaleidescape iPhone App.

Tags
ipad, iphone, ipod, movies, remotescape