Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > General News & Misc. Items

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Default Adding Remote Site

I have a complete system at my house (Terra Servers / Stratos) and also have an RV. Was considering adding a Strato / with Storage to the RV...

Today, I have a mix of Strato's with disks and servers and I do not have a way to assign a download to a specific machine.

If I add another "System" or "Location" will I be able to set a new Strato with drive space and then manage download movies from my existing library but manage them separately? I.e. Since I would have limited space, I would only download movies to that Strato as I wish to view.

Or do I have to start another library and rebuy all the movies?

I do see on the store that it states that a movie can only be downloaded to 5 systems, but do not know exactly what that means.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnvisionIT View Post
I have a complete system at my house (Terra Servers / Stratos) and also have an RV. Was considering adding a Strato / with Storage to the RV...

Today, I have a mix of Strato's with disks and servers and I do not have a way to assign a download to a specific machine.

If I add another "System" or "Location" will I be able to set a new Strato with drive space and then manage download movies from my existing library but manage them separately? I.e. Since I would have limited space, I would only download movies to that Strato as I wish to view.

Or do I have to start another library and rebuy all the movies?

I do see on the store that it states that a movie can only be downloaded to 5 systems, but do not know exactly what that means.
You can register up to 5 different systems under one account and download the movies that you buy to all 5 simultaneously or whenever you want. You don't need to buy the movies again. When you want to download one you can go to your library choose a movie and then select to which system it will download.

As soon as you activate the new Strato you will see it under Manage/Account/My Systems together with your current system.