Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > Movies & Music Discussions > Import Errors & Issues

Old Mar 20th, 2015

Default Updating a movie's BluRay region - how?

I have a limited edition BluRay release of Withnail & I - not entirely unsurprisingly this was not recognised by the database and so I have had to import the data manually. However, the "Edit Movie" link shows me a that the region of the disc is unknown. According to K'Scape's own advice, there should be a drop down menu to be able to set the region appropriately but for the life of me, I cannot see this! Can someone point me in the right direction? Very frustrating when you do everything legally and the DRM still fouls it up....
Old Mar 20th, 2015

You cannot find it because it does not exist. You cannot change the BR Region of a BR Player (M300, M500, M700 and C1's), the Region is defined prior to sale based on what is ordered from K. BR Region codes are NOT checked upon import (unlike DVD which is checked on import), the BR Region is checked on playback. You must have a BR player of the same BR Region you are attempting to playback somewhere in your system (in your LAN, and turned On).

For Players that have import capability (not M300), you can change the DVD Region of that player up to 4 times, but again, you cannot change BR Regions of these Players.

Jim
Old Mar 20th, 2015

Thanks Jim but it is not the region of the player that I need to change (I have both A and B players so am covered for most BluRays) but that the metadata shows that K'Scape does't know which region the BluRay is. According to K'Scape you can edit the metadata for a BluRay on a drop down menu(http://www.kaleidescape.com/support/...0150000000MwoB) but that's what I can't work out what to do.
Old Mar 20th, 2015

For multi region playback do the other players have to be turned on or is standby enough?
Old Mar 20th, 2015

Think I've answered my own question as they drop off the system when in standby. Can't see them on the web interface.
Old Mar 20th, 2015

It sounds like you are trying to reach the "Region" assignment section which should appear just below the Upload Cover Art section at the bottom of the Edit Movie page. Is it not there?

Jim
Old Apr 14th, 2015

Sorry for the delay getting back - no, the Region Assignment section isn't there! Is this dependent on where the unit is located physically?
Old Apr 14th, 2015

No, but for some reason it might think it's a DVD (the Region drop down menu appears for BR disc's, not DVD). Not sure where to go from here, other than to send the disc to K.

Jim
Old Apr 28th, 2015

Question K Store DVD Error

I recently purchased a DVD equivalent from the K store but received a digital version that only includes director commentary. How do I correct this issue?

Hmm... I am not sure why this appeared here and not a new thread...???

Last edited by BenNat; Apr 28th, 2015 at 05:14 PM.
Old Oct 19th, 2015

Just in case anyone is still interested (or has the same problem with a different disk), this was a metadata issue at K'Scape's end. Once they were aware of it, they amended the region codes and all now works fine.