Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > Movies & Music Discussions > Import Errors & Issues

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old Apr 13th, 2019
Applemike68 Applemike68 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 53
Default 4k movies missing

Need help. About to watch a movie with the family and non of my 4K HDR downloads are showing up on my strato or terra. I can see my 1080p downloads but not the 4K movies. I reset my network, powered off, unplugged both terra and strato. The terra and strato are seeing my network. Both are hardwired. The only issue that popped up was an “ internal software issue”. Any thoughts? Completely bummed on a Saturday movie night. Thanks.



JVC RS2000 : Panamorph DCR Lens : Stewart Nuve 125" 2:35:1 screen
Anthem MRX 1120 : Kaleidescape Strato :Kaleidescape 24TB Server :Apple TV 4K
Oppo 203 : Xbox One X
Paradigm 95f , 55c, Paradigm Elite in wall surround and atmos speakers
SVS sb16 ultra x 3 : Emotiva XPA 3 DR 3 for LCR : Current Setup 7.3.4 Atmos
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Apr 13th, 2019
cinelife cinelife is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Florida, Indiana, California, Honolulu
Posts: 3,463
Default

Have you've played this content previously with the same exact setup? Asking the obvious here, just want to be sure your components are HDR, able to pass HDR. I know the RS2000 is HDR-10 compatible, just curious if there is anything in the video chain requiring EDID that isn't HDR.


Jim
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Apr 13th, 2019
Dinami's Avatar
Dinami Dinami is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applemike68 View Post
Need help. About to watch a movie with the family and non of my 4K HDR downloads are showing up on my strato or terra. I can see my 1080p downloads but not the 4K movies. I reset my network, powered off, unplugged both terra and strato. The terra and strato are seeing my network. Both are hardwired. The only issue that popped up was an “ internal software issue”. Any thoughts? Completely bummed on a Saturday movie night. Thanks.







JVC RS2000 : Panamorph DCR Lens : Stewart Nuve 125" 2:35:1 screen

Anthem MRX 1120 : Kaleidescape Strato :Kaleidescape 24TB Server :Apple TV 4K

Oppo 203 : Xbox One X

Paradigm 95f , 55c, Paradigm Elite in wall surround and atmos speakers

SVS sb16 ultra x 3 : Emotiva XPA 3 DR 3 for LCR : Current Setup 7.3.4 Atmos


I have had this exact issue pop up before. In my case it’s always something in the chain between the Strato and the projector/display is not passing HDR.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Apr 13th, 2019
Applemike68 Applemike68 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinami View Post
I have had this exact issue pop up before. In my case it’s always something in the chain between the Strato and the projector/display is not passing HDR.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It must have been the Ubiquiti switch, I reconnected the old switch and it started passing through 4K. Seems strange, not sure if that is really it. I will have to play with it tomorrow. Thanks for the help!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Apr 13th, 2019
Dinami's Avatar
Dinami Dinami is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applemike68 View Post
It must have been the Ubiquiti switch, I reconnected the old switch and it started passing through 4K. Seems strange, not sure if that is really it. I will have to play with it tomorrow. Thanks for the help!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Yes, I’d say dig into it further when you have time. I have all unifi switches and gateway for my network and Strato passes HDR fine. My issue arose with a HDMI switch that was messing with the EDID.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Apr 15th, 2019
J.Green J.Green is offline
Kaleidescape, Inc.
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Waterloo, ON
Posts: 160
Default

I'm late to this thread but I thought I'd chime in to mention that if this happens again in the future, you can get a better indication of what the trouble might be by loading the HDMI Capabilities tool.

To get to it, load your system's browser interface and navigate to the Component Settings page. Click on the "Settings" button for the Strato that's having the issue. In the popup window, click the "Show video capabilities and status" button.

That page will give you an overview of what HDMI features your Strato believes are supported based on the EDID information it has received. The HDMI Video Output Status will give you details on what is currently being sent to your display.

This support document details other things to look for and try:
https://support.kaleidescape.com/art...MI-Connections
__________________
-- John
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Apr 15th, 2019
Applemike68 Applemike68 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 53
Default

Thanks for the information. I hooked the UniFi switch back into my network and everything is working. Just a weird situation when it happened. Thanks again
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Apr 15th, 2019
MikeKobb MikeKobb is offline
Kaleidescape, Inc.
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 714
Default

There’s no way that the network switch would cause this symptom, sobthat’s A coincidence. It definitely sounds like an HDMI issue. If the player doesn’t see a suitable EDID for 4K support from the display, it will hide all of that content because it thinks it’s unplayable.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Apr 16th, 2019
SJHT SJHT is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 315
Default

That feature on the Strato was a brilliant idea! SJ
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ?2006 - KscapeOwners.com.
THIS SITE IS NOT OWNED BY, OPERATED BY, OR AFFILIATED IN ANY WAY WITH KALEIDESCAPE INC.
"Kaleidescape" is a trademark of Kaleidescape, Inc.; it is registered in some jurisdictions.