Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > General Kaleidescape Usage Threads > Feature & Enhancement Requests

Old Jun 27th, 2018

Default Get Rid of Bluray Banners!

Iíve noticed that downloaded movies from the movie store have better cover art than physical blurays that are catalouged, and take advantage of the way they are displayed in covers view. I would love it if the blurays that are catalouged would show the same cover art found in the K store and maintain some uniformity by placing the bluray icon in the bottom right corner like the HD, HDR, and UHD icons when in cover view.

Just my 2 cents.....
Old Jun 29th, 2018

How do you know if it’s a BD disc in a Disc vault or catalogued to your library?

The Banner helps users differentiate.
Old Jun 29th, 2018

A simple BR or BD in the bottom right corner would be all thats needed to maintain uniformity. Does a vault display a BR disk differently than just a catalouged BR disk? (Don’t own one....yet).
Old Jun 29th, 2018

I actually like the blue banners. It lets me identify discs very quickly as I am paging through lists or doing a cover art view. If it was just a BR in the bottom right corner I would have to look closer to identify whether BR or HD.

John
Old Jun 29th, 2018

Ditto to what John said.
Old Jul 2nd, 2018

It would be a bit of an onerous task if you have a large collection of Blu-ray discs catalogued but you could always replace the cover art with your own custom cover art that doesn't have the Blu-ray cover treatment on it.
Old Jul 2nd, 2018

Another vote for liking how they currently do the Blu-ray banners. Quick and easy to tell which ones needs a disc to play. As has been said, an icon in the corner would make it less obvious.
Old 1 Week Ago

What would be a good idea is if they would allow us to add the blu-ray banner ourselves. Especially as now they seem to have given up completely updating everything via the send barcode feature, I've got blu-rays from months ago with no cover art. This is something I have written to them about and a feature I've asked for, alongside the ability to add more than one disc to one cover for unrecognised box sets. Still no reply as yet.