Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > General Kaleidescape Usage Threads > Kaleidescape Store

Old Nov 22nd, 2017

Default No DTS:X audio for 4K movies

I would like to know why there are no 4k Blu-ray movies with a DTS:X audio track available for download by Kaleidesape or VUDU, only Dolby Atmos. Most NBCUniversal and the WB Harry Potter 4K movies are with a DTS:X audio. I have to purchase the 4K discs to get the full immersive sound track.
Old Nov 22nd, 2017

I think the answer has to do with the studios and how they give them to Kaleidescape. I am pretty sure Kaleidescape would like nothing more than to give us the very best possible rendition of each title.

My mostly wild guess is it has to do with legal technicalities. That's usually the case.
Old Nov 22nd, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryAlanYoung View Post
I would like to know why there are no 4k Blu-ray movies with a DTS:X audio track available for download by Kaleidesape or VUDU, only Dolby Atmos. Most NBCUniversal and the WB Harry Potter 4K movies are with a DTS:X audio. I have to purchase the 4K discs to get the full immersive sound track.
I suspect if there are zero such films available, DTS:X may also require a different workflow for Kaleidescape, which they have not yet implemented. What particularly bothers me is that DTS:X (and many Atmos) films are dropped down to 5.1. And I think it is highly misleading that they advertise:

Strato supports lossless audio formats: Dolby TrueHD (including losslessly encoded object-based Dolby Atmos), DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS:X, and PCM.

I think the current situation is not viable in the long run for a system marketed as premium.
Old Nov 23rd, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAV View Post
I suspect if there are zero such films available, DTS:X may also require a different workflow for Kaleidescape, which they have not yet implemented. What particularly bothers me is that DTS:X (and many Atmos) films are dropped down to 5.1. And I think it is highly misleading that they advertise:

Strato supports lossless audio formats: Dolby TrueHD (including losslessly encoded object-based Dolby Atmos), DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS:X, and PCM.

I think the current situation is not viable in the long run for a system marketed as premium.
Got to agree with you RAV to a certain extent. Not sure that it's misleading though - the Strato DOES support those formats. Just a pity that they aren't becoming available in a timeous fashion (well timeous for me ).

I do agree that this needs to change and quickly - for a system that claims to be premium and provide the highest quality in movie downloads - they need to sort this out. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is considering they're purchase options moving forward.
Old Aug 16th, 2018

Hi Guys, I deleted a couple of posts that related to what most consider to be illegal ripping of movies. Please keep in mind we do not want these types of posts on the forum, they will be deleted.

Jim
Old Aug 16th, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinelife View Post
Hi Guys, I deleted a couple of posts that related to what most consider to be illegal ripping of movies. Please keep in mind we do not want these types of posts on the forum, they will be deleted.

Jim

Thanks for the reminder— and I think I have at least one movie in DTS:X so this whole thread might be dated and worthy of deletion.
Old Aug 16th, 2018

All the Harry Potter 4k have dts-x.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin D View Post
All the Harry Potter 4k have dts-x.
Oooh! Didn't realize that! I own the entire series in HD. Might finally be time for that upgrade!