Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > Movies & Music Discussions > Import Errors & Issues

Old Apr 7th, 2018

Default DVD Import Taking Hours

I am trying to import a DVD (a Thomas the Tank Engine...) and it is taking hours (it has been trying for a few hours and reportedly has over 5hrs left). How do I cancel a disc import?

Thank you
Old Apr 7th, 2018

Eject the disc, manually, or electronically in the browser, that will stop the import. Some discs are difficult to read, they may have unusual sector errors, or may be dirty, or damaged, and these can take a long time, or may never import.

Check for damage, try cleaning the disc, or try another importing player if you have one.

Jim
Old Apr 7th, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinelife View Post
Eject the disc, manually, or electronically in the browser, that will stop the import. Some discs are difficult to read, they may have unusual sector errors, or may be dirty, or damaged, and these can take a long time, or may never import.

Check for damage, try cleaning the disc, or try another importing player if you have one.

Jim

Thanks Jim - I couldn’t see before how to eject it but got it now. Thanks for your help