Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > General News & Misc. Items

Old 6 Days Ago

Default DVD not recognized

When I try to import DVD I get message up on screen saying not recognized as DVD, Blu-ray , or CD
Won’t play or import
Anyone any idea what might be wrong.?
Old 6 Days Ago
Kaleidescape, Inc.

Could be many things from a smudged/scratched disc to a dirty or failing optical drive.

Have you tried that same disc in a different device (either a different Kaleidescape player or an external DVD player)? Problems reading the disc in multiple devices would point to a disc issue of some sort.

Have you tried a different discs in the player that's having trouble? Problems reading different DVDs in the same device would point to something amiss with the player.
Old 6 Days Ago

Hi John
Thank you for reply

Yes I have tried disc in other DVD player and it worked. I then tried another disc in Kscape but got same message .
Old 6 Days Ago

When I experienced similar issues with the same message it turned out to be a failing optical drive. You did not say what component is giving you the problem. Kaleidescape sells replacement drives (for most current players and vaults, I believe) with good instructions for installation. Worked like a charm. I have done a couple now.

I think you should contact your dealer or Kaleidescape support for further advice and assistance in ordering the correct parts if that is deemed necessary. Unfortunately, determining if it is a failed drive is more a process of elimination than actually proving the drive to be the culprit. The dealer or K. support can help you with that.

Hope this is of some help.

Wayne
Old 6 Days Ago

Default DVD not recognized

Thank you Wayne .