Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > Hardware & Setup Threads > Kaleidescape Hardware & Setup

Old Feb 12th, 2019

Default m500 dvd multi region

Hi guys,

I am the proud owner of two cinema ones, and love the system.

Looking to upgrade to a m500, with 1u server.

With my cinema one i was able to change the dvd region support to 0 for multi region dvd's.

Is this still possible with the m500 so I can copy both types of dvd's ?
Old Feb 12th, 2019
Kaleidescape, Inc.

No. There is no option to set the M500 to Region 0.
Old Feb 13th, 2019

Thank you John.

Could I assume if I was to get two m500 players, each set for different regions, this would work?

Would it also still be possible to copy my multi region content from my cinema ones to the new 1u server ?
Old Feb 13th, 2019
Kaleidescape, Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diskreet View Post
Thank you John.
Could I assume if I was to get two m500 players, each set for different regions, this would work?
Yes.

Quote:
Would it also still be possible to copy my multi region content from my cinema ones to the new 1u server ?
If you have DVDs from various regions imported to your Cinema Ones, you could use replication to copy those imported DVDs to your new 1U server (assuming that it is grandfathered and allows DVD imports). If you are buying a brand new 1U+ server, it won't be grandfathered so you would have to arrange to transfer the grandfathered status of one of your Cinema Ones to the 1U server.
Old Feb 13th, 2019

Thanks again John, appreciate the replies.

Yes I do have a grandfathered system.

One final question if you donít mind.

I have a disc vault. Could I theoretically have the m500 player set as 1 region for DVDís and the dv700 set as the other region utilising each device for separate regions for copying discs?

Sorry for all the questions, obviously upgrading from cinema one to the premier system is a big leap and would like to know if Iím gaining/losing any features before I give the go ahead.

Thanks John.
Old Feb 13th, 2019

Yes, you can set different players to separate DVD Regions to allow playback of those Regions. Keep the following in mind:

1. DVD Regions are verified during the "Import" process. You can only import a region that matches the Player's region. Once imported, these DVD's will playback on ANY K Player. You can change the Region code up to 4 times. On the 4th change, that is the Region that will remain on that player.

2. Blu-ray Regions are verified during "playback," not during the import process. Therefore, you can import any region Blu-ray, but must have a Player with a Region that matches the disc ANYWHERE in your system before it will playback.

Jim