Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > General Kaleidescape Usage Threads > Kaleidescape Store

Old Apr 30th, 2019

Default Downloading Ultra Violet movies

What are the best practices for making sure all of my UV movies are Downloaded to my Kscape before the service goes away? Besides linking up the services is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks!
Old May 1st, 2019
Kaleidescape, Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexan07 View Post
What are the best practices for making sure all of my UV movies are Downloaded to my Kscape before the service goes away? Besides linking up the services is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks!
Here's what I do:

1. Navigate to the "My Movies" page (Manage->My Movies).
2. On the filter bar, activate the "Not downloaded to" drop down box and select the system you wish to check.

This applies a filter that will only show you titles that are not currently downloaded to the selected system. If you're dealing with a large number of titles even after applying the download filter, you can expand the filter bar and select the "UltraViolet" filter. This will narrow down the list to titles that are UV-enabled.

From there, you can hover your mouse pointer over the cover art images and examine the ownership snipe. The ones that read "You own in UltraViolet XX" are titles that are in your UV locker that you haven't downloaded.
Old May 1st, 2019

That worked great. Found 5 movies! Thanks.
Old May 1st, 2019

I’m out of storage and have a couple of dozen movies that were imported via my uv locker that have not been downloaded yet. What will happen to these movies post uv shutdown, will they persist in the ‘mymovies’ section?
Additionally, what happens post shutdown to a uv linked movie that is deleted from my storage?
Old May 1st, 2019

They don't have to be downloaded to your system. As long as they're in your "My Movies', you'll be fine. They'll be available to download in the future, even after K drops support for UV.
Old May 1st, 2019

Just a reminder to all, Kaleidescape will leave UV at the end of this month (May). UV itself doesn't officially shut down until July. Do not confuse the two dates, you should have any UV enabled titles in your K Store account by the end of this month before K officially leaves UV. UV titles you redeem with UV after May are not likely to migrate to your K Store account.

Jim

Jim
Old May 1st, 2019

Are there any cheap ways to add UV movies before the cut off date? Might be a good ways to supplement our collections.
Old May 1st, 2019
Kaleidescape, Inc.

billlygreen23 is exactly correct -- there's no need to rush to download UV titles to your system before May 31. What's important is to ensure that your Kaleidescape store account is linked to your UV account, and that your purchases from other UV retailers are showing up in "My Movies" as expected. Once the cutoff happens on May 31, the UV movies that were in your account at that moment will remain there permanently, to be downloaded whenever it suits you.

And to refine just a little what Jim wrote above: UV titles you redeem with UV after May will not migrate to your Kaleidescape store account. Also, purchases you make from the Kaleidescape store after May 31 will not be reflected in your UV account.

There's a customer email coming fairly soon that will spell this out, but that's the substance of it.
Old May 2nd, 2019

I would love to see a big end of UV sale at K, (25% off all UV movies) before the window closes on May 31. I would happily commit to purchasing a minimum of 200 UV titles from the K store.
Old May 4th, 2019

Does anyone know what is going to happen to the digital offers, once the UV disconnect is complete?

Tags
ultraviolet, uv