Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > General Kaleidescape Usage Threads > Kaleidescape Store

Old May 4th, 2019

Nothing will happen to those offers, digital offers are based on content you already own, either by disc, or downloaded from the K Store.

FROM K:

"Many content producers offer “disc to digital” discounts for upgrading catalogued or imported discs to downloaded versions. This has a number of advantages:

Once you upgrade your Blu-ray discs to a disc-free digital version, your system will no longer require the disc to be present in a player or Disc Vault.

Buy once, watch on all your Kaleidescape systems. Movies and TV shows can be easily downloaded on up to five Kaleidescape systems which are registered to the same customer. Digital offers may also include upgrade offers from past purchases on the Kaleidescape Movie Store."

So, UV going away will not impact your access to digital offers.

Jim
Old May 4th, 2019

Very good... thank you for clearing that up Jim!
Old May 5th, 2019

Looking into pulling the trigger on a new Stratos S unit and getting into the Kaleidscape world. I have movies in various accounts that I have redeemed when i’ve purchased the disks.....UV, VUDU, and Movies Anywhere. I’ll be looking forward to getting my account setup and starting the process. I saw a comment regarding a disc to digital conversion with Kaleidescape, is this accurate?
Old May 5th, 2019

All of the major studios except for Disney offer ďsomeĒ titles with D2D. I donít think any of the smaller studios have it.

I would recommend you peruse the store and see if the titles you are interested in are available with this feature.

John
Old May 10th, 2019
Kaleidescape, Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootang View Post
Looking into pulling the trigger on a new Stratos S unit and getting into the Kaleidscape world. I have movies in various accounts that I have redeemed when iíve purchased the disks.....UV, VUDU, and Movies Anywhere. Iíll be looking forward to getting my account setup and starting the process. I saw a comment regarding a disc to digital conversion with Kaleidescape, is this accurate?
Just to add a note of caution here -- Kaleidescape will disconnect from UltraViolet on May 31. In order to download movies you've purchased from other services to your Kaleidescape system, you must have registered the system, which creates your Movie Store account, and linked the account with your UV account before May 31. After May 31, there will be no way to bring those UV rights to Kaleidescape.
Old May 10th, 2019

Thank you, Mike. The unit is on it's way, taking a little while to get here, so hopefully i can get everything setup next weekend.
Old Jun 6th, 2019

A little silver lining in the UV sunset from WB.

For those with more than 2 homes...

If you purchased a Warner movie in Vudu, when you went to download the UV at the K store, it would warn you YOU CAN ONLY DOWNLOAD THIS TITLE TO A LIMITED NUMBER OF SYSTEMS, 2. Right now those tiles have no such restriction. Adios UV!
Old Jun 7th, 2019

Concur, all former UV movies in the store account appear as they were purchased from directly from the store (no UV marking anywhere). The standard limit of downloading to 5 systems applies.
Old Jun 7th, 2019

Nice Bonus!

Tags
ultraviolet, uv