Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > General Kaleidescape Usage Threads > Scripting & Favorite Scenes

Old Apr 28th, 2016

Didn't know that was a feature, but I found it pretty easily. Now that I know that, it would be great if the board could host a repository of scripts! I'm sure the avid users on here have created some impressive scripts and it would be cool to get some of the most interesting.
Old Apr 29th, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJ View Post
It can be done on Premiere systems but not on Encore systems (obviously since there is no scripting capability currently).

John
Per the pdf telem posted in post 2 in this thread, it appears scripting is now working on the encore range. All you need to do is go to http://XXX.XXX.X.XXX/scripts (XXX.XXX.X.XXX is the IP address of the encore player), and you can generate a new script etc (see the screen grab below). This seems to have been rolled out in the recent kOS update to 7.1.1

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kal script.jpg (137.9 KB, 96 views)
Old Apr 29th, 2016

Yes, I saw that. I am just not sure that K will allow sharing of scripts between users on the Encore system. There seems to a lot of restrictions for 4K content.

John
Old Apr 29th, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicker View Post
Didn't know that was a feature, but I found it pretty easily. Now that I know that, it would be great if the board could host a repository of scripts! I'm sure the avid users on here have created some impressive scripts and it would be cool to get some of the most interesting.
There is a "Download" section on this forum where people can post scenes and scripts to be downloaded by other users. I have only seen scenes posted but it should handle scripts too.

The "Download" tab is one the top of the forum to the right of "User CP".

John
Old Apr 29th, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJ View Post
There is a "Download" section on this forum where people can post scenes and scripts to be downloaded by other users. I have only seen scenes posted but it should handle scripts too.

The "Download" tab is one the top of the forum to the right of "User CP".

John
Someone would have to send both, for this sort of project anyway, or the script wouldn't do any good. (Trying to remember if that's why sharing them never really took off, back in the good old days of 5-versions released of each title.)
Old Jun 12th, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicker View Post
It would be really great if there was a way to easily share scripts amongst other users.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryL View Post
It sure would.
Funny bit of trivia. I created this forum 10 years ago with the main purpose of sharing favorite scenes and scripts among users. I had found some other early Kaleidescape users who were making favorite scenes and we started sharing them amongst ourselves. Here was my first tutorial for users to create and share scene files.

The whole scripting and favorite scenes thing was (and remains) pretty arcane and there weren't enough of us who found value in it or could put the time in to making and sharing scene files. It eventually just dropped to a trickle of one or two posts per year in this section.

But it's still there... and as far as I know, you can still make FS files and export them, sharing them here for others to download. Same for scripts.

I hope Mike Kobb or John Green can comment here about the future of FS & Scripting on the various product lines.

--josh

Last edited by josh; Jun 12th, 2016 at 12:34 PM.
Old Jun 14th, 2016

I remember sharing scripts Josh.
Old Jun 15th, 2016
Kaleidescape, Inc.

Hi Josh, sorry I missed your posting. Right now, as noted above, scripting is available on Encore but you have to know how to get to it. It was added to assist dealers in giving great demos, and it may be slightly rough around the edges cosmetically, but otherwise it should be fully functional, including exporting scripts from one system and importing them to another.

No plans to announce at this time, but we do understand that it's a useful if somewhat niche feature.