Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > Movies & Music Discussions > Import Errors & Issues

Old Jun 1st, 2018

Default Back to the Future (Blu Ray)

Back to the Future - BD (Part 1 of 3 disc set). This disc will not import. It tries for several hours then fails near the final percent. Import log says 'problem reading disc'. It tried twice and then said the disc needed to be removed. The disc is pristine. It was inserted into the vault immediately after opening the package.

Numbers on the disc: 2053794 569278
Old Jun 1st, 2018

I was able to import "Back to the Future" Blu-ray with no issues but there's not guarantee that I have the same pressing as you. If you have an M500 in addition to your vault, you might try importing it via the the M500's tray. It's a different model drive than the one in the vault.

If the import succeeds you can then just pop the disc back into the vault to satisfy disc presence requirements.

Alternatively, you should be able to get a disc-to-digital upgrade from the K-store for the discs (but this would also require a player with a tray to pull off without importing first).
Old Jun 1st, 2018

Thanks for your great suggestions. Unfortunately I don't have a player with a drive. The disc plays fine in a standalone player. I tried importing the disc again after cleaning a small smudge on the edge, but the issue is the same
Old Jul 22nd, 2018

I sent the disc to K and they confirmed that it did not work in a vault. They said another copy of the disc would probably not help and recommended using an M500 to import and then putting it in the vault as the work around. Just like Croptop suggested above