Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > General Kaleidescape Usage Threads > Music System Questions & Issues

Old Jan 24th, 2009

Default Hardware wish list - KMusic Mini Player

Do any other forum members share my desire to see K produce a KMusic Mini Player? Clearly the 1080p mini player could be used for this purpose but it is an expensive solution for rooms where only music is needed. Hopefully, by omitting a disk drive, video circuitry and video outputs, such a player could be brought in at an affordable price.
Ideally, K would give such a player multichannel audio outputs and bring in SACD and DVD audio support at the same time. One can live in hope!
Old Jan 24th, 2009

Welcome to the forum Shuffleboard!

Agree completely. The Kaleidescape system creates an amazing multizone, multiroom music system but I can't justify several thousands of dollars for each of the areas of the house I'd like to enable for music. Look at Sonos - while it's clearly a different price point, they've done an amazing job of allowing very simple add-on zone players at a reasonable price.

Would be great to see a Music Miniplayer. They could continue to have the regular 4-zone full-size music player, and add a single-zone player for those that just don't want or need 4 zones in a big expensive box.

Last edited by josh; Jan 24th, 2009 at 10:11 AM.
Old Nov 7th, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh View Post
Welcome to the forum Shuffleboard!

Agree completely. The Kaleidescape system creates an amazing multizone, multiroom music system but I can't justify several thousands of dollars for each of the areas of the house I'd like to enable for music. Look at Sonos - while it's clearly a different price point, they've done an amazing job of allowing very simple add-on zone players at a reasonable price.

Would be great to see a Music Miniplayer. They could continue to have the regular 4-zone full-size music player, and add a single-zone player for those that just don't want or need 4 zones in a big expensive box.
Is there a possibility to connect the sonos system to K?
Old Nov 7th, 2010

Doesnt the mini player play music as it is? Theres no drives etc in that. Did they discontinue the mini player?
Old Nov 7th, 2010

The 1080p Miniplayer has recently departed. The M300 will play music and a lot more in smaller box than the Music player.

A music only Miniplayer would be something I could find a place for, especially in a smaller box than the M300.
Old Nov 8th, 2010

The music player has 4 outputs for audio streams, so it does offer substantially more than an M300 does for audio distribution systems.
Old Nov 8th, 2010

Agreed- Im happy with my music player.
Old Nov 8th, 2010

Same here.

Jim