Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > General Kaleidescape Usage Threads > Music System Questions & Issues

Old Jan 29th, 2014

Default Hi Fidelity Pure Audio (Blu Ray Audio) on K

Well, this is great. K might not play nice with SACD/DVD Audio, but it sure seems to work with High Fidelity Pure Audio. I just loaded Selling England by the Pound (what can I say? I still like prog rock) in my Vault and not only a I getting music but I also seem to have the full range of playback options. 2.0/5.1 PCM plus 2.0/5.1 DTS HD. Eureka! Great sounding multi-channel audio with K. Here's hoping HFPA does't have an early grave, like SACD/DVD Audio, and that a decent catalogue emerges on this format.

p.s. mildly surprised that there aren't oner posts on this topic. Am I alone in rejoicing?
Old Jan 29th, 2014

Yes, I have 2 BR audio-only discs that play just fine. The main negative with this format is that it is required to output video at the same time. This means that if you import it takes up almost as much space as a BR movie. It works well just playing from the trey when I have the urge to listen.

John
Old Jan 30th, 2014

Having owned the Genesis box sets since they were available and had them on my system for that same I can say you are not alone in rejoicing - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway is my favourite..... Long live 'Prog Rock'.
Old Feb 2nd, 2014

Same here. The reason this works just fine is because it uses the exact same sound formats as a BR movie. I think there are some Rush discs that also are done in this format.
Old Feb 18th, 2014

I loaded all of my 5.1 DTS surround CDs, no problem. You can also load DVD-Audio discs, but it will only rip the Dolby Digital or DTS tracks, not the hi-rez ones. They do take forever to rip, and show up as Movies. FYI.