Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > General Kaleidescape Usage Threads > Tips, Tricks & Discoveries

Old Oct 22nd, 2012

There is 2 servers I have noticed. one is a 1u with 4x2TB drives the other is a 3u with 10 2TB drives.

it looks like the 1u unit is full to the max. Is there a way to tell which movies are stored on this server rather than just what movies we have total?

Last edited by josh; Oct 23rd, 2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old Oct 22nd, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunie1975 View Post
...it looks like the 1u unit is full to the max. Is there a way to tell which movies are stored on this server rather than just what movies we have total?
Yes. Go to the Installer UI, ungroup the servers, then they will behave as separate entities...then you go to the User UI and you can check exactly what content you have on each server.
Old Oct 22nd, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodricj View Post
Yes. Go to the Installer UI, ungroup the servers, then they will behave as separate entities...then you go to the User UI and you can check exactly what content you have on each server.
Alternatively, if you have physical access to the servers, just turn off the one server and then the browser interface will just show the movies that are one the remaining server. Either method works just fine. I prefer the power off option just because it leaves less room for error. I can't delete a movie from a server that is powered off.
Old Oct 22nd, 2012

bravo....now why didn't I think of that!!
Old Oct 24th, 2012

Default Simple solutions

Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best I started with the group and ungroup option but now I generally unplug or disconnect from the network.