Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > General Kaleidescape Usage Threads > Tips, Tricks & Discoveries

Old Feb 11th, 2012

Default Importing special features

Hey everyone,

I have my Kaleidescape system being delivered next week (3U Server and M700 Vault.)

I currently own many movies on both Blu-ray and DVD. Some of my DVDs have special features that are not available on the Blu-ray version. Is there any way to import the special features from a DVD without importing the low rez movie. Thank you.

Shawn
Old Feb 11th, 2012

Sorry, there is no way to separate out what elements of a disc you'd like to import, the complete disc is imported when it is placed in your M700 (that's also true for imports using Players). Special features would have to be on a separate disc (most are these days) in order to import only that content. (Although I'm not sure, I think importing the complete disc is somehow tied to the licensing agreement.)

WELCOME TO K, and to the Owner's Forum!!

Jim