Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > General News & Misc. Items

Old 2 Days Ago

MA please !!!

Maybe a drop in 4K/UHD drive upgrade for the disc server, rather than a new strato?
Old 1 Day Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by boskonay View Post
MA please !!!

Maybe a drop in 4K/UHD drive upgrade for the disc server, rather than a new strato?
Nice idea- +1 from me
Old 1 Day Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calm-One View Post
All,

That is such bad news. Since a dealer is the source on this board I believe it to be true.

I would really try to figure out how to purchase a next generation Kaleidescape system that allows me to use my growing 4K disc based library. I am already sore about a throwaway 3D collection as it is.

I guess I am just the sole remaining customer supporting Amazon and Best Buy with 4K physical media purchases and not being a download junkie.

For the 4K generation, I would like to have both disc and streaming as this transition to occur.

Cheers

How many dealers we got here? Silence is consent.
Old 1 Day Ago

If you are going to add a drive do not underestimate the 5.1 audio quality Music Only superiority of the Kaleidescape over every other blu ray and uhd standalone, am asking for SACD compatibility.

I recently discovered a secret formula laser aligned to very specific angles Holorama sound system deployment, it felt like skuipping two decades in audio progress and this is what Bob Ozer, some of you might know, had to say after first being skeptical when I played for him My dv-700 bluray audio only and dvd audio demo.

So if there is a way add please sacd playback and charge extra!

https://youtu.be/LM3sr8Quutw
https://youtu.be/b3k0m5sM6lQ

Sorry to deflate some enthusiasm BUT HOME CINEMA IS DEAD, Long Live Wallscreen Skylounges! Where the only three sources are Strato, Samsung The Wall apps and Skylounge 23x robotic Video Telescope in HDR

Old 1 Day Ago

Try this on your system:

https://www.kaleidescape.com/movie-s...tails/37641210

Gives any audio system a real workout!
Old 1 Day Ago

I'll have to try that one.
Old 1 Day Ago

Default Disc formats

I came to the conclusion a long time ago that there wont be one player that does it all.
The Kaleidescape systems fits 90% of all of my needs.
The premier system does all of my CD'S DVD'S Bluray's HD downloads and the Encor system does all of my 4K needs.
Then my OPPO UDP-203 takes care of the other 10%
It does all of my UHD, 3D Bluray, DVD-Audio and SACD.
But it will do Blu-ray, DVD and CD as well.
That's about as good as we can get for now Just down to three devices
Old 1 Day Ago

Another one to try to give your audio system a real workout - visually stunning too.

https://www.kaleidescape.com/movie-s...tails/24124785
Old 18 Hours Ago

Home cinema is dead? So everyone is happy to have their speakers in the wrong locations when using anything other than an acoustically transparent screen? Don't make such silly claims. I agree that 'The Wall' is amazing but if you put that on your front wall where are you going to put your LCR's? There's only so much room eq can do and nothing will make up for having a real LCR setup in the right location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX IOPH View Post
If you are going to add a drive do not underestimate the 5.1 audio quality Music Only superiority of the Kaleidescape over every other blu ray and uhd standalone, am asking for SACD compatibility.

I recently discovered a secret formula laser aligned to very specific angles Holorama sound system deployment, it felt like skuipping two decades in audio progress and this is what Bob Ozer, some of you might know, had to say after first being skeptical when I played for him My dv-700 bluray audio only and dvd audio demo.

So if there is a way add please sacd playback and charge extra!

https://youtu.be/LM3sr8Quutw
https://youtu.be/b3k0m5sM6lQ

Sorry to deflate some enthusiasm BUT HOME CINEMA IS DEAD, Long Live Wallscreen Skylounges! Where the only three sources are Strato, Samsung The Wall apps and Skylounge 23x robotic Video Telescope in HDR

Old 16 Hours Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmapit View Post
Home cinema is dead? So everyone is happy to have their speakers in the wrong locations when using anything other than an acoustically transparent screen? Don't make such silly claims. I agree that 'The Wall' is amazing but if you put that on your front wall where are you going to put your LCR's? There's only so much room eq can do and nothing will make up for having a real LCR setup in the right location.

Check out Peters Twitter feed for his stream of conscious style of info delivery. Simply stated, he has some cool concept cinemas that use, more or less, phantom centers and form a space much akin to ancient cave dwellings.

It’s sort of the future. We all will have video walls and seek to integrate them in our lifestyles— as much as our ancestors used the cave as a way— to deliver stories to an audience through imagery.

I am still living in the world as defined by the ITU and Dolby for my cinema layout but I am excited for what’s next.

• Day and date movies at home
• Theater at home that bests a commercial facility
• VERY bright screen walls that deliver 10,000 nit peak brightnesss and all the colors of the rainbow.