Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > General News & Misc. Items

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #91  
Old Nov 3rd, 2017
SJHT SJHT is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 156
Default

Does anyone know where their data center is located? Just curious.... SJ
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
xzer xzer is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 2
Default

Mine is about 65 mbps Verizon 1gig line up/down
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 1 Week Ago
appliedautomation appliedautomation is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 124
Default

What sort of speeds are UK users seeing from the store?
__________________
www.appliedhomeautomation.co.uk
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 1 Week Ago
mbmapit mbmapit is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by appliedautomation View Post
What sort of speeds are UK users seeing from the store?
I can max out my 80Mbps connection.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 5 Days Ago
appliedautomation appliedautomation is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmapit View Post
I can max out my 80Mbps connection.
On multiple connections, 100mb, 80mb and 350mb we've not seen any more than 58-60mb download speed.

One of them being a leased line.
__________________
www.appliedhomeautomation.co.uk
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 5 Days Ago
mbmapit mbmapit is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by appliedautomation View Post
On multiple connections, 100mb, 80mb and 350mb we've not seen any more than 58-60mb download speed.

One of them being a leased line.
When monitoring the speeds was it during the day? My next question would be; what else is on the network/site? I constantly get emails about download speeds and then find that there are people streaming (netflix, itunes etc.) on site, control systems (crestron, control4) constantly calling home, smart home appliances constantly calling home, mobile phones on wifi using bandwidth without people realising, the list is endless. However, chances are, if you checked the download speed at 2am you'd find it was probably faster.

The easy solution is to limit traffic to all other items during Kaleidescape downloads, maybe installing something like a domotz would help.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 5 Days Ago
ddsquire ddsquire is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmapit View Post
When monitoring the speeds was it during the day? My next question would be; what else is on the network/site? I constantly get emails about download speeds and then find that there are people streaming (netflix, itunes etc.) on site, control systems (crestron, control4) constantly calling home, smart home appliances constantly calling home, mobile phones on wifi using bandwidth without people realising, the list is endless. However, chances are, if you checked the download speed at 2am you'd find it was probably faster.

The easy solution is to limit traffic to all other items during Kaleidescape downloads, maybe installing something like a domotz would help.
Limiting traffic has not made a difference for me. I'm diligent and use Google WiFi app to monitor and limit traffic. I've got 1gig from Verizon FiOS and never see more than 60mbps down. The same was the case when I had 150/150 and 300/300 service.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 5 Days Ago
mbmapit mbmapit is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddsquire View Post
Limiting traffic has not made a difference for me. I'm diligent and use Google WiFi app to monitor and limit traffic. I've got 1gig from Verizon FiOS and never see more than 60mbps down. The same was the case when I had 150/150 and 300/300 service.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Forgive me but I do not know of the Google WiFi app, does it allow you to see usage of all items including wired?
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 1 Day Ago
CINERAMAX IOPH CINERAMAX IOPH is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Ft Lauderdale but have global clients
Posts: 31
Default

50 at best on comcast, part of a condo complex so no direct.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 1 Day Ago
ddsquire ddsquire is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmapit View Post
Forgive me but I do not know of the Google WiFi app, does it allow you to see usage of all items including wired?
Sure does. It is available in the Google Play store.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ?2006 - KscapeOwners.com.
THIS SITE IS NOT OWNED BY, OPERATED BY, OR AFFILIATED IN ANY WAY WITH KALEIDESCAPE INC.
"Kaleidescape" is a trademark of Kaleidescape, Inc.; it is registered in some jurisdictions.