Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > Movies & Music Discussions > Movies & Music Discussions

Old Feb 22nd, 2016

Default Ex Machina - DTS:X

Hi! I've got the Marantz AV8802A pre-pro which is one of the first to do the DTS:X upgrade. Ex Machina is the first movie that I've got that has a DTS:X soundtrack on it (besides the DTS 2016 demo disc). It seems like there is some real "ringing" in the audio and I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this. I can't tell if maybe it is just a weirdly recorded frequency that is sounding like distortion or if is something with the decode or something else... (Even though it is a Lionsgate title, unfortunately it isn't available from the store yet....) Just wondering if anyone else has a DTS:X processor and this title and has watched it yet...
Thanks!
John Sciacca
Old Mar 12th, 2016

John,
I haven't noticed the ringing you're referring to, but I have experienced a loud "pop" every time I pause and resume play on the disc.

Tags
audio, dts:x, ex machina, marantz