Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > General Kaleidescape Usage Threads > Kaleidescape Store

Old Dec 22nd, 2018

Default Starting Download..... But it doesn’t get started!

Hi all

I have a new customer who just bought a Strato S and got the activation and store registered, etc

After purchasing movies, I can see all the movies on his queue. However, the top one says ‘Starting Download’ whereas the rest says waiting.

It has been like this for hours, the download doesn’t seem to start. Any ideas?

I can see on the interface my server last connected 1 min ago, I’m using 8.8.8.8 for my DNS.

Thanks!
Old Dec 22nd, 2018

This "might" be a Store issue, not your setup. I have no problems with my systems, they download regularly, but I currently have the same situation on one of my systems. In the past, whenever they are working on the Store (software? content?), things can slow down. That might currently be the problem, but not sure.

It might be helpful to move a different movie to the top of the Download list in Manage > Download section (use the tab to the right of the content to move content up or down the queue). Sometimes that kick starts the process.

Jim
Old Dec 22nd, 2018

If you haven't already done it, I'd recycle power to the Strato as well, then try again.

Jim
Old Dec 23rd, 2018

Store issue as I downloaded 4 movies yesterday in the morning. I looked late afternoon and the first one was only 45% done. Then they all blasted through. SJ
Old Dec 24th, 2018
Kaleidescape, Inc.

Downloads can be delayed (especially on newly registered systems) while the system is downloading and updating the media guide database. Once the guide data is fully parsed, the download would proceed.

When downloads are intentionally delayed like this, it is indicated on the store's Downloads page with a triangle icon beside the first download. Hovering over the icon with your mouse pointer will display a popover message with explanatory text.

However, guide ball parsing shouldn't take multiple hours and furthermore, if you aren't seeing the warning icon beside the download progress meter then something else (unexpected) is blocking the download.

The first thing to try if you have multiple media objects in your download queue is to re-order them to see if a different object will start downloading. Remember to give the system at least 5 minutes after reordering the queue to show progress on the new download.

If that doesn't help, the next step is to delete the download and re-queue it. Sometimes this helps.

If the downloads still aren't making any progress (and you don't have the warning icon), then something is definitely amiss and you should reach out to Support (support@kaleidescape.com) so that then can look into it to determine what's happening (or not happening as the case may be).
Old Dec 26th, 2018

I am seeing this issue as well. Happening on the client system as well as our system in experience center. Eventually, everything downloaded but one movie, in particular, took 4 plus hours where everything else on average has been 1 hour and a half to 2 hours.
Old Dec 27th, 2018

Even me it happen with me starting download for long time and still happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Dec 27th, 2018

I'm now in this situation as well. Bought 5 movies yesterday. 4 downloaded pretty quickly, but one is now stuck in "starting download" for over 8 hours with no progress. Have tried changing the download order to switch to the HD version instead of the 4k... no help.

Old Dec 27th, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh View Post
I'm now in this situation as well. Bought 5 movies yesterday. 4 downloaded pretty quickly, but one is now stuck in "starting download" for over 8 hours with no progress. Have tried changing the download order to switch to the HD version instead of the 4k... no help.

3 hours and still the same starting download but in fact nothing start at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Dec 27th, 2018

Same issue as few days ago and same behavior, my Premiere components(3U server & Cinema One) download, Terra servers don’t.
Had no problem since the 24th but it seems that it was only temporary.