Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > Hardware & Setup Threads > Kaleidescape Hardware & Setup

Old Jul 31st, 2016

Default Upcoming Premier Encore Merging

I was wondering if the Premier and Encore merging that is upcoming will allow one to access both via the Kscape app on an I pad rather than having to choose one or the other ?
Old Jul 31st, 2016

The coming update would put the premier server in a special mode where it could still import discs, but all playback would occur on encore components.

It's my understanding that any M class players would join the encore system, essentially becoming encore players. There fore the app would only be connecting to the encore system, which should allow switching between all encore players (strato, alto, & M class).

Kevin D.
Old Aug 1st, 2016
Kaleidescape, Inc.

The Premiere system would still support music playback, if you have imported CDs to the system. So, somebody might want to use the iPad app to control a player on the Premiere system for that purpose. We have not announced plans for the iPad app to support quick switching between two systems, but it's something we would like to do.
Old Aug 2nd, 2016

Once a premier line server has been put into this 'special mode' can this mode be reserved or turned off so it can be used as a normal premier line system again?
Old Aug 2nd, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by appliedautomation View Post
Once a premier line server has been put into this 'special mode' can this mode be reserved or turned off so it can be used as a normal premier line system again?
Great question. I was also wondering about this.

Wayne
Old Aug 2nd, 2016

That should be possible, i.e. when someone sells a Premiere Server as a separate component, but not sure what, if anything, has to be done to accomplish the change. Maybe one our K (Mike or J.) poster's can confirm.

Jim
Old Aug 3rd, 2016

Once the Encore - Premier hybrid "switch" is done...

1) Can one continue to import CDs and Blu Ray content to be stored on the Premier server?
2) Can all players (Encore or Premier) be used to replay imported Premier content?
3) Assuming "2" is yes/true, has Kscape published in a development kit, whitepaper, or by other means how to full control this hybrid system to the remote control vendors like Crestron/AMX/Control 4 yet?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeKobb View Post
The Premiere system would still support music playback, if you have imported CDs to the system. So, somebody might want to use the iPad app to control a player on the Premiere system for that purpose. We have not announced plans for the iPad app to support quick switching between two systems, but it's something we would like to do.
Old Aug 3rd, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calm-One View Post
Once the Encore - Premier hybrid "switch" is done...

1) Can one continue to import CDs and Blu Ray content to be stored on the Premier server?
2) Can all players (Encore or Premier) be used to replay imported Premier content?
3) Assuming "2" is yes/true, has Kscape published in a development kit, whitepaper, or by other means how to full control this hybrid system to the remote control vendors like Crestron/AMX/Control 4 yet?

Thanks
1. Yes *BUT* the Encore range doesn't support CD's so you will need to keep as many players as needed for music only playback. These players will only see music (no movies) stored on the server.
2. Yes (but not CD's, see above)
3. Not yet.

Old Nov 13th, 2016

Question What's the status of the Premier-->Encore upgrade functionality?

Anyone have any more information on the promised full premier server integration into Encore systems? I'm ready to upgrade displays to 4K-HDR and buy a Strato player or two, but I'm confused on what functionality has been released, and what is still promised but not yet delivered by Kaleidescape?

This document, referenced by Mike Kobb, describes the promised upgrade and still says to expect this functionality by "mid-2016", but as we know that was put before Kaleidescape's financial struggles.

As of today, would the Strato still be totally distinct and separate from the Premier system and its content?

My understanding is that, for now, the Strato can access discs in my DV700 and content purchased from the K download store, if re-downloaded and stored in the Alto, OR if they're transferred from the 3U premier server to the Alto over my LAN, a function only accessible by a dealer. Is this correct?

--josh

Last edited by josh; Nov 13th, 2016 at 03:22 PM.
Old Nov 13th, 2016

The Strato can only access DVD disks from the DV700 at this point. It can not access blurays. Only the Alto can do that. Something they want to add later as it was one of the complicated features they were trying to add prior to their financial issues. SJ