Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > Hardware & Setup Threads > Kaleidescape Hardware & Setup

Old Dec 3rd, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsley View Post
All,

Thank you for all your reassuring messages. I look forward to receiving the equipment and having an enjoyable trouble free time over the holidays.

Horsley

Have fun, and remember, other owners are here to help!

Jim
Old Oct 3rd, 2011

I have a new k system. M700 and have been importing movies but now I get a message that disc I am entering are scratched. They are new discs with no dust or marks on them. What could be problem.
Old Oct 3rd, 2011

The message you are referring to is the usual message received when a disk may be dirty, scratched, or has some other issue that prevents importing. I've also had a couple of "new" disks that would not import, and received the same message. In each case, I replaced the movie with a new copy and it imported without a problem. I would also try to import using a different component (a K Player with import capability, assuming you have one) to see if that works, it has for me and others on this forum. If it's a Blu-ray, you'll need an M500 Player. You might also consider sending it to K to be evaluated.

Jim
Old Oct 3rd, 2011

Red face

Thanks a bunch. Spoke to K and it appears I might need a new player and a hard drive is shot. If this is the case this will be my second player in 2 months of ownership. I hope this is most unusual for K.
Old Oct 3rd, 2011

It is. In general the products are of excellent quality. But lets face it, nothing's perfect. What defines us, I think anyway, is what we do when we meet adversity. So far in 3+ years of K ownership I've only been impressed with the product and the service.