Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > Hardware & Setup Threads > Kaleidescape Hardware & Setup

Old Apr 13th, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinelife View Post
May would be early, June would be closer to K's original statement ("mid-year"), and to my knowledge nothing has changed and K is working to have all of the above available as soon as possible.

Unlike some company's that make "intent" promises, K has a long history of successfully meeting their forward looking statements, so I expect we'll see the expected support around "mid-year."

Jim
Are you referring to Strato support for accessing a Disc Server, or also to the CinemaScape and lossless audio updates? In Posts 85, 105, and 116 of this thread Mike Kobb said the CinemaScape and lossless audio passthrough updates were slated for this April.
Old Apr 13th, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfr0317 View Post
Are you referring to Strato support for accessing a Disc Server, or also to the CinemaScape and lossless audio updates? In Posts 85, 105, and 116 of this thread Mike Kobb said the CinemaScape and lossless audio passthrough updates were slated for this April.
That is also what I was told in an email from Kaleidescape before I purchased my Strato and Disc Server in March. And according to that email the Disc Server was scheduled to play content through the Strato in May.
Old Apr 13th, 2016

Sorry guys, I'm referring to the various functions K plans to add to our systems, all of which are planned to be available by mid-year. It is certainly possible some of these will be released in earlier updates, including those announced by K (as you noted above). Keep in mind however that they are dealing with very complex code, and meeting these projected dates can be affected by unexpected delays. That said, I've been told that all projected dates for these additional capabilities are currently on schedule.

Jim
Old Apr 13th, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinelife View Post
Sorry guys, I'm referring to the various functions K plans to add to our systems, all of which are planned to be available by mid-year. It is certainly possible some of these will be released in earlier updates, including those announced by K (as you noted above). Keep in mind however that they are dealing with very complex code, and meeting these projected dates can be affected by unexpected delays. That said, I've been told that all projected dates for these additional capabilities are currently on schedule.

Jim
Thanks for the update, Jim! I certainly understand that it frequently can take more time than planned to get things right. Let's hope all goes well with adding the functionalities as scheduled. I just got my height speakers for Dolby Atmos installed and am anxious to try them out with my Kscape content. My Alto is now in my whole house rack, so I need the Strato to get updated to enjoy Kscape Atmos content on my Atmos-enabled theater system.
Old Apr 25th, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeKobb View Post
Hi John,

No, this is not referring to internal decoding of lossless audio.

With the current software release (7.1), Strato does not yet output the lossless bitstream codecs (Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD MA, Dolby Atmos, DTS:X). It will instead output either the Dolby Digital or DTS "core"/"substream" that is associated with those formats. You can choose to output that audio as a (lossy) bitstream or have the player decode it to PCM, but we recommend the latter.

Support for bitstream output of those lossless codecs is planned for April. We have not announced a date for player decoding of those codecs.
We are in the last week of April! When can we expect support for lossless codecs (due in April), CinemaScape (due in April) and the Disc Server (due in May) with the Strato?
Old Apr 25th, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAV View Post
We are in the last week of April! When can we expect support for lossless codecs (due in April), CinemaScape (due in April) and the Disc Server (due in May) with the Strato?

Also looking for update on this. Really want to finally use my Disc Server lol
Old Apr 26th, 2016

Me too - itching lol.
Old Apr 26th, 2016

Same here I was told by my dealer that we would see audio update mid April. K is late. ��
Old Apr 27th, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applemike68 View Post
Same here I was told by my dealer that we would see audio update mid April. K is late. ��
K is not late, your calendar is just early
Old Apr 29th, 2016

To all....here is a link to an update regarding the upcoming software.

http://www.kscapeowners.com/forums/s...0381#post20381

Jim