Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > Hardware & Setup Threads > Kaleidescape Hardware & Setup

Old Feb 15th, 2019

Default Marantz Strato Dolby Atmos

We have a Marantz 8805 in our family room zone connected to a Sony OLED. I had two HDMI outputs running from the Marantz to the TV. One Arc and another normal. I really ended up not using the second, but it was still connected. Most of the time when playing a 4K Dolby Atmos movie, I could not get the Marantz to accept the audio signal being Dolby Atmos. 4K video was fine, just the audio was not correct. Finally I turned off the dual video output from the Marantz to only one video output. Dolby Atmos now works fine all the time from the Strato. What was strange was that other 4K Dolby Atmos worked fine from sources like ATV, but just not the Strato. Maybe because of the Strato begin full DD va. DD+ or something. Anyway, just FYI if there are other Marantz users out there that are using the dual output. Likely HDMI EDID craziness! SJ
Old Feb 15th, 2019

I have an 8805 as well (#LOVE) and I am also using the dual-output, but the second to a PJ. Never any problem with the Strato (or Premiere through Co-Star) audio output. Only issues I get is that the PJ is only 1080P so I have to force the Strato into HDMI 1.3 mode when I want to use it. Curious....why would you connect both outputs to the same TV? Can't think of any benefit to doing that....?
Old Feb 15th, 2019

I had issue with the input on the Marantz seemingly switching by itself at one point and put it in to test. Forgot about it after that. Lol. User error.