Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > General Kaleidescape Usage Threads > Kaleidescape Store

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #71  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
20hertz 20hertz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Integration View Post
The issue here is cost. If you download a movie from the store there is a cost even if the content is included. VUDU, Google, Apple etc can easily absorb the cost of streaming without revenue. It will be harder for smaller companies to absorb this cost.
Cost or not I do not support any weird implementation of MA. That will result in the same mess we are in right now before we know it. I want parity with disks. You get the best audio and video with rights to MA.

Streaming has its own costs as well. So I do not buy this argument that cost would be significant. If needed K can raise revenue by other means. As it is, we are paying significant premium over regular disks and still not at par with disks in many cases. I do not want K adding to it.

Moreover I think there is no point in negotiating with ourselves . Letís hope K does the right thing and gets full MA support soon.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
mbmapit mbmapit is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20hertz View Post
As it is, we are paying significant premium over regular disks and still not at par with disks in many cases.
I just want to point something out that a lot of people seem to forget...

The reason movies cost more on the Kaleidescape store has a lot to do with the fact that you are purchasing 1 movie *BUT* with the rights to download/own it on 5 separate systems.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
TrackZ TrackZ is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmapit View Post
I just want to point something out that a lot of people seem to forget...

The reason movies cost more on the Kaleidescape store has a lot to do with the fact that you are purchasing 1 movie *BUT* with the rights to download/own it on 5 separate systems.
That's not a great justification. I can buy on iTunes and access on multiple devices. VUDU can authorize up to 8 IIRC.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
mbmapit mbmapit is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackZ View Post
That's not a great justification. I can buy on iTunes and access on multiple devices. VUDU can authorize up to 8 IIRC.
I'm sorry but I disagree. The only comparison would be a Blu-ray/UHD disc as it's the only match in quality. Therefore, can you purchase a disc and have it available in 5 locations at once? The answer is no. iTunes and VUDU (and all other streaming services) cannot compete with the video/audio quality of discs/Kaleidescape.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
sbutter sbutter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmapit View Post
I'm sorry but I disagree. The only comparison would be a Blu-ray/UHD disc as it's the only match in quality. Therefore, can you purchase a disc and have it available in 5 locations at once? The answer is no. iTunes and VUDU (and all other streaming services) cannot compete with the video/audio quality of discs/Kaleidescape.
Personally, I want the Kaleidescape experience at home or a vacation property, however, I also want the convenience of streaming my movie collection while traveling between my home and vacation property. The only way this can be accomplished is for Kscape to join MA or provide their own streaming service for our owned content.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
20hertz 20hertz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbutter View Post
Personally, I want the Kaleidescape experience at home or a vacation property, however, I also want the convenience of streaming my movie collection while traveling between my home and vacation property. The only way this can be accomplished is for Kscape to join MA or provide their own streaming service for our owned content.
While streaming by K would partially be acceptable to me, I would prefer MA instead. After what happened in 2016, I would prefer to have an insurance in the form of being able to have the content outside of K ecosystem.

I want K to do well, but also need interoperability with others using MA, given that UV seems to be fading away.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
MAttHEATLifer MAttHEATLifer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Miami
Posts: 74
Default

We need MA implemented so we can finally get Fox and Disney titles porting out and in
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ?2006 - KscapeOwners.com.
THIS SITE IS NOT OWNED BY, OPERATED BY, OR AFFILIATED IN ANY WAY WITH KALEIDESCAPE INC.
"Kaleidescape" is a trademark of Kaleidescape, Inc.; it is registered in some jurisdictions.