Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > General Kaleidescape Usage Threads > Kaleidescape Store

Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Integration View Post
The issue here is cost. If you download a movie from the store there is a cost even if the content is included. VUDU, Google, Apple etc can easily absorb the cost of streaming without revenue. It will be harder for smaller companies to absorb this cost.
Cost or not I do not support any weird implementation of MA. That will result in the same mess we are in right now before we know it. I want parity with disks. You get the best audio and video with rights to MA.

Streaming has its own costs as well. So I do not buy this argument that cost would be significant. If needed K can raise revenue by other means. As it is, we are paying significant premium over regular disks and still not at par with disks in many cases. I do not want K adding to it.

Moreover I think there is no point in negotiating with ourselves . Letís hope K does the right thing and gets full MA support soon.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20hertz View Post
As it is, we are paying significant premium over regular disks and still not at par with disks in many cases.
I just want to point something out that a lot of people seem to forget...

The reason movies cost more on the Kaleidescape store has a lot to do with the fact that you are purchasing 1 movie *BUT* with the rights to download/own it on 5 separate systems.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmapit View Post
I just want to point something out that a lot of people seem to forget...

The reason movies cost more on the Kaleidescape store has a lot to do with the fact that you are purchasing 1 movie *BUT* with the rights to download/own it on 5 separate systems.
That's not a great justification. I can buy on iTunes and access on multiple devices. VUDU can authorize up to 8 IIRC.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackZ View Post
That's not a great justification. I can buy on iTunes and access on multiple devices. VUDU can authorize up to 8 IIRC.
I'm sorry but I disagree. The only comparison would be a Blu-ray/UHD disc as it's the only match in quality. Therefore, can you purchase a disc and have it available in 5 locations at once? The answer is no. iTunes and VUDU (and all other streaming services) cannot compete with the video/audio quality of discs/Kaleidescape.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmapit View Post
I'm sorry but I disagree. The only comparison would be a Blu-ray/UHD disc as it's the only match in quality. Therefore, can you purchase a disc and have it available in 5 locations at once? The answer is no. iTunes and VUDU (and all other streaming services) cannot compete with the video/audio quality of discs/Kaleidescape.
Personally, I want the Kaleidescape experience at home or a vacation property, however, I also want the convenience of streaming my movie collection while traveling between my home and vacation property. The only way this can be accomplished is for Kscape to join MA or provide their own streaming service for our owned content.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbutter View Post
Personally, I want the Kaleidescape experience at home or a vacation property, however, I also want the convenience of streaming my movie collection while traveling between my home and vacation property. The only way this can be accomplished is for Kscape to join MA or provide their own streaming service for our owned content.
While streaming by K would partially be acceptable to me, I would prefer MA instead. After what happened in 2016, I would prefer to have an insurance in the form of being able to have the content outside of K ecosystem.

I want K to do well, but also need interoperability with others using MA, given that UV seems to be fading away.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

We need MA implemented so we can finally get Fox and Disney titles porting out and in