Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > Hardware & Setup Threads > Kaleidescape Hardware & Setup

Old May 3rd, 2018

Lumagen has just published a new firmware for the Radiance Pro.

http://www.lumagen.com/testindex.php...ncepro_updates

Two things concerning us:

1) HDMI Format: Reduce Max. When enabled the blanking time is reduced by ~5% so the original picture is not being resized and if the display accepts non-standard timings this can be a solution in some cases where the video connection is unreliable or slow to get picture.

To my understanding and following information received from my Lumagen dealer few weeks ago this should improve switching times. I will try it over the weekend.

2) I/O Setup: Kaleidescape for a Strato/Co-Star switching setup in order to automatically switch to the active device (also requires buying the "Co-Star for Lumagen" feature. Contact Kaleidescape for details). To use the Pro's Strato/Co-Star switching solution the Strato needs to be on an 18Ghz input and the Co-Star must on an input card different from the Strato.

If I understand well there won't be a need to buy a physical Co-Star device but it will be a add-on software solution sold by K? As I already have a Co-Star I don't see any added value, my system and Co-Star work perfectly well today and I only use one Lumagen input whereas if I use this new option I would need two inputs on my Pro.

Jim G has asked Lumagen to clarify and I am sure that he will let us know as soon as he hears back

Kostas
Old May 3rd, 2018

From Lumagen:

Jim:

For the "Co-Star for Lumagen" you need the Strato, a compatible "Co-Star player," the Radiance Pro (with at least four inputs of which the one used for the Strato needs to be 18 GHz), and the Kaleidescape update and license for the "Co-Star for Lumagen" feature from Kaleidescape. The two "Co-Star for Lumagen" sources to the Pro need to be on different input cards (two inputs per card). No external switcher is needed. The "Co-Star for Lumagen" switching is working well in the few early Beta systems we know about.

Kaleidescape charges a fee for the "Co-Star for Lumagen" switching feature. Lumagen is offering a $500 retail discount for new Radiance Pro sales when the customer purchases the "Co-Star for Lumagen" feature from Kaleidescape (USA and Canada). People interested in purchasing a Radiance Pro can contact Lumagen, or their dealer. A discount might be possible elsewhere but that would be up to the local distributor.

Jim
Old May 3rd, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by telem View Post
Lumagen has just published a new firmware for the Radiance Pro.

http://www.lumagen.com/testindex.php...ncepro_updates

Two things concerning us:

1) HDMI Format: Reduce Max. When enabled the blanking time is reduced by ~5% so the original picture is not being resized and if the display accepts non-standard timings this can be a solution in some cases where the video connection is unreliable or slow to get picture.

To my understanding and following information received from my Lumagen dealer few weeks ago this should improve switching times. I will try it over the weekend.

Kostas
According to Lumagen, this specifically fixed a couple of instances of problems with Sony VW5000 projectors in conjunction with a Lumagen Pro. I looking forward to checking this out too.

John
Old May 3rd, 2018

So what is the fee for the switching feature?
Old May 4th, 2018

The price for this "software" update that allows for the Lumagen Pro to be used to switch K content sources, thereby replacing the current physical Co-Star Switch Kit, has not yet been determined. I should have an update on this later today.

Jim
Old May 7th, 2018

If I go with the option of using the Lumagen to switch instead of the Co-star, would this mean I no longer need a separate M-Class player in order to play music and scripts from my 3U server?

John
Old May 7th, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJ View Post
If I go with the option of using the Lumagen to switch instead of the Co-star, would this mean I no longer need a separate M-Class player in order to play music and scripts from my 3U server?

John
I believe you still need a separate M-Class player to have music. The software is the same experience for both Co-Star and Lumagen; just different hardware doing the switching between Strato and M-Class players.
Old May 7th, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbutter View Post
I believe you still need a separate M-Class player to have music. The software is the same experience for both Co-Star and Lumagen; just different hardware doing the switching between Strato and M-Class players.
I confirm.