Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > Hardware & Setup Threads > Kaleidescape Hardware & Setup

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Default New K Strato-S

Kaleidescape announced the release of the new Strato-S Player. This player includes 12TB of storage and a new 1U rack footprint making it easier to integrate into an existing rack. It can store approx. 180 UHD (4K) movies, or 320 BR titles. Retail is $6,995, but upgrade discounts are available.

K is offering an upgrade path from some Premiere components to Encore line, including this new Strato-S. Check with your dealer for details.

Jim
Old 4 Weeks Ago

This is an interesting piece of kit.

Like the slim design.

Does this work at all with a Cinema One ?
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Does this mean they are no longer offering the 10tb Strato as I don’t see the option on the website
Old 4 Weeks Ago

We still have the 10TB Strato's available to dealers, but probably just for existing stock. I may be wrong, haven't confirmed, but likely the 12TB will replace the 10TB when the current stock of 10TB's runs out.

So...dealers can probably still order the 10TB version....for now. (It's $1K lower retail.)

Jim
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Little sad about this announcement as I was hoping for a Strato with Dolby Vision announced at CEDIA this year but I doubt they would announce this then announce a upgraded version in 2 months
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Wow. I guess it is time to upgrade some gear in my system. I have been looking for something that I can make mobile and this would fit the bill.

Now I just need to list some of my old gear as I think it is worth more on the secondary market than for trade-in. Guess I need to upgrade my account to do that?
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Does the 4 player limit apply to this new player as well?
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Sounds great, wished for an added UHD Drive to accommodate d2d and 4K disks, but maybe later on with Dolby Vision?
Old 3 Weeks Ago

This update confuses me, so we get a smaller unit basically shorter and and extra 2TB of storage over the previous 10TB model and that costs an additional $1,000.00 doesn’t make since....

I could understand if it added Dolby Vision, HDR10+, HLG, etc. support but nothing new and only 2TB of additional storage...

Last edited by MAttHEATLifer; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:22 AM.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinelife View Post
Kaleidescape announced the release of the new Strato-S Player. This player includes 12TB of storage and a new 1U rack footprint making it easier to integrate into an existing rack. It can store approx. 180 UHD (4K) movies, or 320 BR titles. Retail is $6,995, but upgrade discounts are available.

K is offering an upgrade path from some Premiere components to Encore line, including this new Strato-S. Check with your dealer for details.

Jim
Any pictures?