Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > Hardware & Setup Threads > Kaleidescape Hardware & Setup

Old May 10th, 2018

Default Encore limitations

I have five K units in our setup. Two Strato/Alto pairs (costar). All four units have storage. We also have a disk server. It is my understanding that I can add a Terra Server(s) to this setup, but no other players with storage. Is this correct? Probably won't be adding a third zone, but need to make sure a Terra Server can be added to my current two zone costar setup. Thanks. SJ
Old May 10th, 2018

This is what the Kaleidescape site says about the Terra server.

“The Kaleidescape Terra stores up to 40TB of movies, and serves them to any number of Strato, Strato C, and Alto players in the home network. Terra also provides computing and caching services that enhance player performance. Up to ten Strato/Strato C players can play 4K movies simultaneously from a single Terra server; up to 15 players can simultaneously play Blu-ray quality movies. A system may contain any number of Terra servers. Terra is available with either 24TB or 40TB of storage capacity.”

It sure sounds like you can add a Terra server with any number of Strato or Alto players.

However, the kicker may be how the combination of players handle the Disc Server.

I don’t have any hands-on experience with this type set up so maybe someone who does will chime in (or Mike from Kaleidescape).

John
Old May 11th, 2018
Kaleidescape, Inc.

Yes, you can add a Terra to this system. What can't be added are any more players with storage. An Encore system can have four players with storage, maximum.
Old May 11th, 2018

Thanks Mike for the info! SJ
Old May 11th, 2018

Beat me to it, thanks Mike!

Jim