Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > General News & Misc. Items

Old Mar 9th, 2018
Kaleidescape, Inc.

Default Kaleidescape App for iPad 1.9 has been released

Greetings, all.

I wanted to let you know that an updated version of the Kaleidescape App for iPad has been released and is available for download in the Apple App Store.

In addition to a raft of bug fixes, version 1.9 includes some new features.

First, the app now supports Co-Star systems where not every zone is paired. Before, you would have to manually switch from one system to the other to access the un-paired players. Now, all of the player zones from both systems are shown in the zone-selection popup menu, so you just select the zone you're using and the iPad will take care of the connectivity.

Related to the previous item, the app will actually show you all of the controllable zones of all systems on the local network. Obviously, most customers have one system, or possibly a Co-Star pair, but we are aware that some customers have more than one system, and it's pretty common in a dealer environment. As above, just tap the zone-select popup, choose a zone, and that's it.

The app has also been enhanced to support the "Other Versions" feature present on Encore systems. This is the feature that combines, say, the 4K HDR and Blu-ray quality HD versions of a movie under a single cover. Now, when you look at the details for a movie in the app, the Other Versions item appears in the details menu just as it does on the OSD, and the behavior is similar to the OSD when you select one of those versions.

Bug fix highlights include performance improvements, especially when connected to Encore systems, improvements to the search functionality, and fixes for compatibility issues with iOS 11.

One notable known limitation. When you are connected to a Co-Star system, the system capacity and movie count information shown on the System tab in the app is not correct. We expect this to be addressed in a future update.
Old Mar 9th, 2018

Mike, thanks for this update. I have a couple of questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeKobb View Post
Related to the previous item, the app will actually show you all of the controllable zones of all systems on the local network. Obviously, most customers have one system, or possibly a Co-Star pair, but we are aware that some customers have more than one system, and it's pretty common in a dealer environment. As above, just tap the zone-select popup, choose a zone, and that's it.
I read the above paragraph as meaning that I should be able to see both Strato paired zones and my 3U only system. I am not able to see all of these at the same time. I use the 3U only system foe music and to play “Scripts”. The only way to switch between the Strato system and the 3U system is to go into my setting and pick “first time setup”. Am I misreading what you said above?

Quote:
The app has also been enhanced to support the "Other Versions" feature present on Encore systems. This is the feature that combines, say, the 4K HDR and Blu-ray quality HD versions of a movie under a single cover. Now, when you look at the details for a movie in the app, the Other Versions item appears in the details menu just as it does on the OSD, and the behavior is similar to the OSD when you select one of those versions.
I am not seeing any “Other Versions” option on my titles on my Stratos. I only have one 4K version on my Strato and the HD version is on my 3U. Should I be able to see both versions (4K and HD) with the new app?

The other thing I noticed is that I can now play “Scripts” from the app! Nice!

John
Old Mar 9th, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJ View Post
Mike, thanks for this update. I have a couple of questions.

I read the above paragraph as meaning that I should be able to see both Strato paired zones and my 3U only system. I am not able to see all of these at the same time. I use the 3U only system foe music and to play “Scripts”. The only way to switch between the Strato system and the 3U system is to go into my setting and pick “first time setup”. Am I misreading what you said above?

I am not seeing any “Other Versions” option on my titles on my Stratos. I only have one 4K version on my Strato and the HD version is on my 3U. Should I be able to see both versions (4K and HD) with the new app?

The other thing I noticed is that I can now play “Scripts” from the app! Nice!

John
Never mind! I thought I had the latest version because when I went to the store to download it wouldn’t let me and just said “Open”. I had to deleted out the previous version and then re-download. I can now see ALL my systems and the “Other Versions”.

John
Old Mar 9th, 2018

W00t! This is great news! I've missed using the app since I went Co-Star! :-)
Old Mar 9th, 2018
Kaleidescape, Inc.

Glad you got it sorted out, John! The App Store should offer an "Update" option, but perhaps there was something strange going on because it was just released.