Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > General News & Misc. Items

Old Mar 25th, 2017

Given the amount of emails and phone calls I received because of this thread, I'm posting to clarify that I have nothing to do with the subject of this thread, and have no specific answer to the question, "Are we now not getting the promised integration?" (and variants of that question).

I was not part of the discussion at K, and have no idea what if anything is changing, so we'll have to wait for further word from K.

Jim
Old Mar 25th, 2017

To further back up Jim's claim, I posted this initial forum discussion to try and assess and substantiate how important the integration is to the user base. Please respond with a "Yell Yeah." or maybe "We will buy a full ENCORE/TERRA system the second that feature is up and running" or "The integration is the most important thing we would like to see Kscape do."

Nobody has any idea, but the post was to try and impart to Kscape the importance of this feature to the user base. No one responded that it was.

Please comment on the thread about whether this is important to you and why. That is exactly why I started it. No one has a crystal ball, but if it is super important this may rise up the ladder of what Kscape is doing.
Old Mar 25th, 2017

I am not going to push the Encore/Terra system into the existing customer base ecosystem until there is a unified system or integration that does not need one to figure out which server they would need to be on and flip inputs on their display to find the correct interface that has the movie they want.

I suspect there will be a lot of Encore/Terra business unleashed as soon as those systems can play display, catalog and play content from the Premier line seamlessly through the Encore player.
Old Mar 25th, 2017

I am waiting for integration and then I will be buying a 4K system. That's it.
Old Mar 25th, 2017

I am still not down with the HoM rules, so when I ever get around to 4k, something like this would be a better solution for managing the dual systems, but won't drive the decision.
Old Mar 26th, 2017

To clarify, what I was trying to say yesterday, in my usual confusing longhand, is that I'm unaware of any issues at K regarding the planned integration. I've always been told an integration was being worked on, but never given details on what that would look like.

I think the members posting above have the right idea, just post your comments about the need for integration, how important is it for you, etc.

Jim
Old Mar 26th, 2017

Also waiting for full integration before committing to encore/terra. The last we officially heard it was part of the plan. I'll wait until K says otherwise
Old Mar 26th, 2017

I plan on waiting for integration and then I plan on buying a Terra and a few Strato's to add to the Premier equipment I already have. I think it's good for K to know that there is a lot of interest out there. I also like the spirit of this discussion for vetting interest in other options. If the full integration is proving difficult and has a long timetable for occurring, I might be interested in a short term solution that might not be as perfect as full integration. I think the hypothetical here is the following. If I could buy a Strato with the built in drive and put some 4K movies on there, then if the gui would show ALL of my movies on say one iPad app that would be great. I wouldn't mind having to have a Strato and also an M-class player in the same room. It wouldn't even be that big of a deal to switch between the two. The key would be to see all of the movies at once. I have little kids and I would say they watch movies or scenes at least 5 days a week. Switching inputs might be a little tricky, but with all of the movies listed in one place, we could probably figure it out. I would much rather have full integration, but if the other option is simpler and could come to market quicker, I would pick that up while waiting for full integration.

Is that the feedback you were looking for enadler?
Old Mar 26th, 2017

I think K will sell a lot of Encore systems to existing customers once they integrate. That brings revenue to the store. And- they need Paramount...
Old Apr 11th, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by iansilv View Post
I am waiting for integration and then I will be buying a 4K system. That's it.
Ditto for me.

Tags
encore, premiere, software